advertisement

Which loudspeakers ought I listen to?

RobFTM

pfm Member
I like Neat speakers and I like the Neat sound.

I have Momentum 5is upgraded by Bob in Barnard Castle from 4s and before that Elites which were originals and then upgraded by Bob to SEs. I like Neat speakers.

I have a Linn DS, a Naim 252 and a 300 and I want to do one last big speaker buy to last me for years. Clearly this would be Neat Ultimatums wouldn’t it? Well no as I’m not keen on them and TBH, I'm as shallow as a puddle but I'm not certain I could stand to look at them even bearing in mind all speakers are pretty ugly.

So now I’m not sure where to look as for the first time in 15/20 years I need to look elsewhere and beyond Neat. I’m thinking about Kudos and I have heard and like the 606s and 707s but where else ought I look given my preferences?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Predictably I will suggest ATC, preferably active & you could get rid of the NAP300 & it would be a relatively cost effective upgrade. Home audition is essential.

Better sound, fewer boxes. It’s what I did.

For looks I think the vivid range take some beating, and sound fab. Needs lots of quality watts. Pass, luxman sort of stuff.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Speakers are the most erotic part of hifi. Find some you want to kiss and stroke. There’s a whole world out there beyond boring designs from Neat or Kudos.

Like what? As far as I can tell most speakers are wooden boxes, some with cloth grilles some without. What do you have in mind that are "beyond boring designs from Neat and Kudos" and within the context of the original post?

If you have something in mind, then show me what you kiss and stoke then.

Or are you going to suggest horns? If you are then don't waste your time replying thanks.

Predictably I will suggest ATC, preferably active & you could get rid of the NAP300 & it would be a relatively cost effective upgrade. Home audition is essential.

Better sound, fewer boxes. It’s what I did.

Itch about to be scratched, thanks.

Rob.

Like what? As far as I can tell most speakers are wooden boxes, some with cloth grilles some without. What do you have in mind that are "beyond boring designs from Neat and Kudos" and within the context of the original post?

If you have something in mind, then show me what you kiss and stoke then.

Or are you going to suggest horns? If you are then don't waste your time replying thanks.
Do you have access to the internet?

Do you have access to the internet?

I do thank you, this is how I'm replying. Broadly speaking I said speakers are all ugly, you said they aren't, I asked for your opinion as to which were not. You replied with have I access to the internet.

The tide is well and truly out in banter bay isn't it?

I've never had need to use the ignore function in the 15 or so years I've been a member here but you have the honour of being the first. Congratulations.

advertisement

Back