advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get my head round Thelonious’ bonkers version of harmony.

51603238960_84afe71530_c.jpg

...a sequence of notes that makes no sense as a melody played on sax until you have worked out (or in my case, as I’m not that smart, listened to) what the weird chord progression is doing. Then it all clicks into place. Eventually. Now I have a smile to go with the headache.

Last edited:
:)
I made 6, 3 for tiny birds like blue tits, 2 for mediums like a great tit/warbler and 1 bigger...maybe a nuthatch I hope. they come to the garden/ And yes, each species likes a special size.

A day out for a walk from Ambleside to Grasmere (via Loughrig). Stop off for a bit of lunch, then back along the 'coffin' route, coffee and cake at Rydal, then back to Ambleside. The OS app recording seemed to go 'off piste' a few times, and gave us a distance of over 20 miles! Elapsed time is correct though, apart from 20 minutes getting a bit of shopping, then getting boots and stuff off on return. Weather not the best, rain or drizzle all day, but waterproofs did the job.

51602298612_cb356a948c_c.jpg

So I plotted it manually, giving just over 9 miles.

51603790989_dfaa84a43b_c.jpg

Did not realise how unfit I was, so easier day tomorrow (Windermere cruise), as the weather looks worse than today.

Then Stickle Ghyll later in the week. Better find me a defibrillator, just in case.

:)
I made 6, 3 for tiny birds like blue tits, 2 for mediums like a great tit/warbler and 1 bigger...maybe a nuthatch I hope. they come to the garden/ And yes, each species likes a special size.

I don’t know if it is the same little blue tit every year, but this week the night-time occupancy of the Marchbanks Towers bird box has started, for the third winter running. Then come the spring the little sod vacates and presumably nests somewhere else. There’s gratitude for you.

51604072179_e5efd89135.jpg

I don’t know if it is the same little blue tit every year, but this week the night-time occupancy of the Marchbanks Towers bird box has started, for the third winter running. Then come the spring the little sod vacates and presumably nests somewhere else. There’s gratitude for you.

51604072179_e5efd89135.jpg
Have you considered that maybe he just wants to get away from the missus and kids, listen to a bit of Monk through the wall, keep his head dowm?

Have you considered that maybe he just wants to get away from the missus and kids, listen to a bit of Monk through the wall, keep his head dowm?
Looking at the way last year’s detritus has been swept ostentatiously into the corner he’s probably grumbling ‘would it be too much to ask for the old git to clean up his accommodation once in a while? This place is getting a negative review on Trip Advisor and no mistake.’

Looking at the way last year’s detritus has been swept ostentatiously into the corner he’s probably grumbling ‘would it be too much to ask for the old git to clean up his accommodation once in a while? This place is getting a negative review on Trip Advisor and no mistake.’
Probably that haha. Or any number of other things that birds fuss over! Then there’s hedge hogs. Don’t start me on them Vuzzypegs.

this morning - participating in our H&S committee - mostly uninteresting, but the bits about lasers, and ionising radiation were more engaging. At the same time a plumber was swapping out a radiator..... looks like we found a nice and good plumber who is based around the corner.

great , i am preparing for a similar committee planning a new project , only trouble is there are so many sides and trying to referee between all the viewpoints is not easy and deadlines are looming fast

Tomorrow I will be mostly driving to Glasgow and north to remind myself how beautiful Garelochhead is...to do?
Bu**er all but look and admire.
Just hope the midges are sleepy.

Had my MOT today. It was ok till they wanted to take some bloods. My veins were hiding as usual, it only took three attempts to find one this time.

Had my MOT today. It was ok till they wanted to take some bloods. My veins were hiding as usual, it only took three attempts to find one this time.
I have the same problem, though at my last Diabetes review no blood taken as they don't have enough blood sample vials.:(

3 days off now, off to Margate to sample its delights. Using up a hotel reservation that I had to move from lockdown as they refused to refund. Most (of the10 or so bookings we had) hotels IME were very helpful in refunding bookings, but three outright refused.

3 days off now, off to Margate to sample its delights. Using up a hotel reservation that I had to move from lockdown as they refused to refund. Most (of the10 or so bookings we had) hotels IME were very helpful in refunding bookings, but three outright refused.

you can keep the Costa Brava, I'm telling ya mate I'd rather have a day down Margate with all me family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back