advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF1051raw_1024px.jpg

10seconds of Talisker bay, Skye - South Uist on the horizon. Just over week ago.
10-stop Hoya ND filter-has a warm cast that works for me. This is 2:1 crop from Fuji X100 full-frame width raw output, resized to 1024px, no other fiddling.

We're hoping to get some better weather later this week to explore the Cuillins! I could barely open the car door at Neist Point yesterday, so strong was the wind.

: )

Been there, done that... about five yrs ago I was out camping nr. Sligachan, a helluva gale (& >50mm of rain!) came through funnelled between the peaks and - after the tent flogging-flat all night long - the composite pole hoop broke at 5am, that loosed two guyropes, and the wind on teh remains rolled-me-up tight in my bag and would have set-off across the landscape with me as the jam in the sandwich had I not tied a couple of spares on the groundsheet to the car wheels.

Had to cut my self free out of the tent with the v sharp pocket knife I usu have to hand outdoors -which I could barely reach at the time.

It was funny - afterwards...

Today's highlight - The Assynt mountains viewed from Rua Reidh Lighthouse north of Gairloch. The mountains are c. 35 miles away.

Assynt Massif from Gairloch Poolewe peninsula 1 211016
by mr.noisy, on Flickr
I stayed in the Rua Reidh lighthouse guesthouse with some friends who knew the owners (would never have heard of this place otherwise!), for a couple of nights 7 years ago. Went for a big walk up the headland and then back over the hilly and boggy terrain , but the weather was nowhere near this good! Great to see this picture of what we might have been able to see.

I stayed in the Rua Reidh lighthouse guesthouse with some friends who knew the owners (would never have heard of this place otherwise!), for a couple of nights 7 years ago. Went for a big walk up the headland and then back over the hilly and boggy terrain , but the weather was nowhere near this good! Great to see this picture of what we might have been able to see.

Just for you then....

Rua Reidh Lighthouse 1 211016
by mr.noisy, on Flickr

Rua Reidh Lighthouse 2 211016
by mr.noisy, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back