advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can it not be that Leicester played really well? This endless criticism of when a ‘top team’ doesn’t sweep away a supposed lesser light is patronising. “We shouldn’t lose to these” etc

Leicester is also a top team. We are talking about a sequence of games, not just yesterday.

I think PL FFP rules are that you can only loose £105m after a 3 year period and this only applies to wages and transfers. Infrastructure investment on grounds and training facilities etc does not count towards FFP. I'm hoping the new Newcastle owners start with a massive investment in the training facilities complex for the 1st team and youth academies. We need the best Marketing Executive we can find to grow our commercial incomes streams. We need to get our Academy setups right and our Scouting systems to attract good players at all levels. We need to have a sensible wage structure system that we won't break. We shouldn't overpay for players. This is a 5-10 year plan long term plan to reach the top.

I think probably longer than that. City certainly began investing in training and academy facilities, scouting, coaching, and sports science a long, long time ago and, of course, appointed technical directors conversant with the approaches from the peak levels of the game. Enjoy the journey.

Tranmere Rovers away win against Carlisle lifted them to joint third in Div 2, great to see Micky Mellon back at the helm too

Watched only highlights of the Utd game and as has been pointed out Leicester played very well and looked more like the side we saw for most of last season . Utd were poor and seemed to have no energy and at times looked like they had no plan or pattern of play . Both goals for them looked good with great movement and finish from Rashford and a superb solo effort from Greenwood . Out side of these high lights for Utd the contrast between Leicesters pressing and Utds was very obvious .

Liverpool were excellent yesterday with great passing with real purpose and were a bit more clinical than they have been . Salahs goal was by way of proving that what he did against City was no fluke . More important his overall team play was so much better than it has been for a while . Salahs goal scoring since he came to Liverpool has never been in doubt but sometimes his team and link up play and at times recovery work has not always been the best . Yesterday he was everywhere and quality in all areas . Pleased for Bobbi nice to see him in the goals as he has been a little bit the forgotten man from the start of this season . While Liverpool were really good Watford were woeful and just passive in all senses of the word . You can only play the team in front of you and while the poor opposition helped Liverpool in getting an easy win we are still unbeaten this season and have played much stronger teams and came through . We have to keep producing week after week but we are already looking more like the EPL winning side rather than last seasons shadow team which were just not as good as they should have been . Looking forward to our next home game ans seeing if the confidence and style we are showing is going to continue. As for Klopp he is human and does some times complain too much but it is not a sin or huge fault. In general over six years he has made Liverpool a much better team he has won trophies and done what Shankly asked "Make the People happy" he has huge charisma and gets the whole Liverpool thing which many do not . I will be gutted when he does leave but I am going to enjoy every minute of him being there and will celebrate his tenure as a Liverpool great .

I'm hoping the new Newcastle owners start with a massive investment in the training facilities complex for the 1st team and youth academies. We need the best Marketing Executive we can find to grow our commercial incomes streams. We need to get our Academy setups right and our Scouting systems to attract good players at all levels. We need to have a sensible wage structure system that we won't break. We shouldn't overpay for players. This is a 5-10 year plan long term plan to reach the top.

Aye and my cocks a kipper.

Now Newcastle United are the richest and biggest club in the world, if they avoid relegation they are absolute favourites to win this seasons Premier League title.

We don’t stand chance now so will just take it one game at a time & hope we can finish in the top half of the table.

richest club in the world to be relegated. A more ruthless show of finishing and Spurs could have scored 6.

Big up to the Spurs players who spotted the situation in the crowd and got the ref to stop the game

Well done indeed although from the noise and whistling the crowd were making whilst Spurr were taking a corner, I’m surprised the ref and officials didn’t notice

I can see things going from bad to worse for Newcastle. If they could get a decent manager in, he’d be there already; and who’ll want to sign in January for a relegation battle?

I'm hoping the new Newcastle owners start with a massive investment in the training facilities complex for the 1st team and youth academies. We need the best Marketing Executive we can find to grow our commercial incomes streams. We need to get our Academy setups right and our Scouting systems to attract good players at all levels. We need to have a sensible wage structure system that we won't break. We shouldn't overpay for players. This is a 5-10 year plan long term plan to reach the top.

EC7-C9709-F3-CD-4532-9-B7-F-CD3-E8-CE5-AF07.jpg

richest club in the world to be relegated. A more ruthless show of finishing and Spurs could have scored 6.

Big up to the Spurs players who spotted the situation in the crowd and got the ref to stop the game

They dislike the spurs on here, and the posters, more bothered with the top four incessant prattle shite
especially moaning/digging at NUFC when some clubs have been bank rolled for years

loads of money

Top four
Spurs dream of ever achieving it!
NUFC will succeed, even if they go down they can do what Liverpool did back in the day. Got relegated and bankrolled by sugar daddy pools owner and set British transfer records to get back up.

Top four
Spurs dream of ever achieving it!
NUFC will succeed, even if they go down they can do what Liverpool did back in the day. Got relegated and bankrolled by sugar daddy pools owner and set British transfer records to get back up.
Drivel.
And that “bankrolled by sugar daddy” is one hell of a glassy glass house you’re standing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back