advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy on 606 has just suggested that FFP will mean that Newcastle will only be able to spend £200 million in the next 3 years?
He is correct.
Premier league FFP rules.
It would not have been that much if Ashley had spent any money in the last two years.

Up to 4th despite only drawing.

We won the corresponding games last season against our next two opponents. They will be a good test of our Champions League ambitions.

Our next two opponents? Man. City at home (3-2) and Liverpool away (0-1).

Thought the Bees a tad unlucky not to get something, plenty of time wasting and play acting from the Blues at times today… tough to beat tho

Good to see United in a UEFA league spot where they belong.
Talking to family members who are United fans, they are not convinced that they will get a UEFA spot if they keep playing they are at the moment.

I'm happy to see them play at the level they are at the moment, but they have such good players, I struggle to understand why why they can't put more effort in.

Thought the Bees a tad unlucky not to get something, plenty of time wasting and play acting from the Blues at times today… tough to beat tho
Certainly couldn't have complained if the match had ended in a draw - Chelsea clearly missed the calm and assurance that Rudiger & Silva bring at the back but the two lads (Sarr & Chalobah) performed admirably and Mendy in goal was outstanding.

Talking to family members who are United fans, they are not convinced that they will get a UEFA spot if they keep playing they are at the moment.

I'm happy to see them play at the level they are at the moment, but they have such good players, I struggle to understand why why they can't put more effort in.
It isn't effort, IMO. There is no pattern of play or strategy, just a reliance on individualism.

Can it not be that Leicester played really well? This endless criticism of when a ‘top team’ doesn’t sweep away a supposed lesser light is patronising. “We shouldn’t lose to these” etc

Can it not be that Leicester played really well? This endless criticism of when a ‘top team’ doesn’t sweep away a supposed lesser light is patronising. “We shouldn’t lose to these” etc
If you're asking that question I can only assume you didn't watch the match.
United were poor for large spells and were lucky to lose by only 2 goals.

A guy on 606 has just suggested that FFP will mean that Newcastle will only be able to spend £200 million in the next 3 years?

I think PL FFP rules are that you can only loose £105m after a 3 year period and this only applies to wages and transfers. Infrastructure investment on grounds and training facilities etc does not count towards FFP. I'm hoping the new Newcastle owners start with a massive investment in the training facilities complex for the 1st team and youth academies. We need the best Marketing Executive we can find to grow our commercial incomes streams. We need to get our Academy setups right and our Scouting systems to attract good players at all levels. We need to have a sensible wage structure system that we won't break. We shouldn't overpay for players. This is a 5-10 year plan long term plan to reach the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back