advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
work - attending a research talk on explainable AI - interesting. Attending to some ethics matters with PhD students.

trying to get back my doors which a nice chap took away to be stripped a month ago .... i really would like to use the toilet with a door on :D and playing my tannoys goes all over the house . very irritating i must say

painting a lovely flat roof with agrypol which is super stuff but its hard on the wrist and stinks

Yesterday was the 13th anniversary of my life changing road accident.

I didn’t mention it to The Wife, kids or anyone.

Because I have a stinking cold, I didn’t have several stiff drinks and play music at window shaking volume. Maybe next week.

Going to try and kill my cold by eating curry, at least I will taste something.

Also decided to watch the first 3 Terminator films (on DvD) again.
The first film is from 1984 ! crikey.
Curtains closed, tea on tap, “I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle…” :)

2 Hours preparing the mobile recording rig, to re-record a graduation song we use in our charity. It's for when students complete their programme and do all sorts of role plays, raps etc to demonstrate to their parents and carers what they have learned.

8 students have given up their time, and are coming into school on Monday to lay down some vocals. It's always good fun, and they love looking at the tech and how the gear works...

Last edited:
Driving up from Nottingham to Ambleside for a week's half term break. Managed 41.5mpg from the Qashqai (2 litre petrol). Starting out, I had 419 miles range. Such is the economy of my driving(!), that after 124 miles, the remaining range had risen to 436 miles. It then started dropping.

Seemed to be the annual outing of the middle lane owners club on the M6. Looks to me like fewer than 10% of the M6 users know which lane they should be in. A few times I had to move from 1 to 3 to overtake a MLOC member, then move back to 1 after. They still never get the hint.

Rented apartment is nice, modern & spacious high up the hill in the village (overlooking Stock Ghyll).

Sort some walks out tonight. It's forecast to be a bit moist for a few days, so will just have to get the waterproofs on and go for it!

2 Hours preparing the mobile recording rig, to re-record a graduation song we use in our charity. It's for when students complete their programme and do all sorts of role plays, raps etc to demonstrate to their parents and carers when they have learned.

8 students have given up their time, and are coming into school on Monday to lay down some vocals. It's always good fun, and they love looking at the tech and how the gear works...

:)

I had to read that 3 times. I thought it said you were rapping.

Sounds rewarding.

Finished the first three Terminator films (on DvD)

The first (1984) is a solid classic, looks its age. Not ever been inspired to get the soundtrack, but it sort of works. The 80’s hair is soo 80’s. Excellent to see Ray Harryhausen ‘stop motion’ model animation, and no c.g.i.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) was the most complete film, very watchable. Soundtrack had an orchestrated sound, with nods to the first film.
“I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle…” is in this film.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) was a reasonable conclusion to the first 3 films. C.G.I. now far more prevalent, but not soo much as to ruin it. Good twist with a female baddie

I must have seen these films many times, but still found them enjoyable, like a friendly old book.
Also useful when I feel ill and want to just lay on the sofa in my underpants, making huge tissue/snot mountains. Waiting for the mucous to turn from green to clear, still a vile shade of green. A green one can taste. yuck.

In other news, The Farmer has turned and drilled The Field. Dunno if it is Barley again?

Seemed to be the annual outing of the middle lane owners club on the M6. Looks to me like fewer than 10% of the M6 users know which lane they should be in. A few times I had to move from 1 to 3 to overtake a MLOC member, then move back to 1 after. They still never get the hint.
If you are not in a hurry, let them overtake you again then repeat the manoeuvre. You get ten points for every loop completed before they realise what you are doing and move over in order to stop you.

Last edited:
Been improving the WiFi coverage in our house. My wife is ill and spending quite a bit of time in bed. Bought a smart tv to use in the bedroom as there is no aerial point in the room. We already had a WiFi range extender as the router is at the far end of the house upstairs. It was perfectly adequate for general browsing in the living room and bedroom.

The bedroom is downstairs at the opposite end of the house. The TV streaming was a bit hit and miss. The incoming broadband is 50MB, in the living room and bedroom tested at around 12MB. I decided to try a different WiFi range extender in the same location, the results were better than I hoped. Speed tests are now IRO 45MB and the streaming performance is not giving any problems. Not surprisingly, the browsing is now very slick.

The TP-Link obviously has a more sensitive radio receiver than the Netgear AC1200:

On that basis I'm happy to recommend the TP-Link AC1750 (RE450) to anyone needing to extend WiFi coverage.

Just getting over a drive back to Herefordshire from Vergèze near Nîmes. Three and a half weeks in Germany and the French Alpes. Lots of sunshine and great walking in the Alpes. Pranged the car on a bulkhead on the Dieppe Newhaven ferry. Three staff giving conflicting signals on deck 5, meaning I didn't fully see the sticking out bit of boat. It's a mess and a downer as an end to a great time away seeing friends and walking.

I'm tempted to put up a link to the photo hosting site, but I expect you'd all be bored by the hundreds of photos of mountains. :)

What amazed me on Monday was seeing the Alpes again from the Cévennes where we'd gone for a walk near mont Lozère. It was a very clear day, great to see le mont Ventoux, but amazed to see the Alpes and les écrins, where I'd just been. It was partly thanks to the rain/snow from the previous Monday, which had given the peaks a decent covering of snow.

Bravo le mont Pelvoux ! :)

Never bored of pics of mountains !! After a day of scraping old woodwork it will be a pleasure to see something inspiring !!

Stained glass windows are lovely but they are a pain to maintain !! Those double glazing replicas are looming closer but would cost a packet so for now it's good old filler and primer !

Thank goodness for warm weather

Been awake for 2 hours coughing up green soup.

Finally gave up, now having tea and a biscuit.

Fixated on Hot Sour Soup, might have to look the thread up and try variations.

Not today, but I was away last week and got to see the We Will Rock You stage show and also Graffiti Classics. These were the pick of the bunch among a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back