advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
d2f8c678df6dde6a0e00f5c14dc1bb2bb46c15bb_2_694x1000.jpeg

Worthing Conservative Party councillor Tim Wills exposed as member of far-right/fascist white supremacist organisation (Hope Not Hate).
They like what the party is offering:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/polit...tommy-robinson-endorses-boris-johnson-1408195
Yaxley-Lennon, who was jailed for nine months in July after being found guilty of contempt of court, is believed to have told supporters via an affiliated news channel that Mr Johnson's decision to expel 21 Tories who rebelled over Brexit was 'refreshing'.

The co-founder of the English Defence League's thoughts were shared to an official account on social network Telegram. writing: "21 Tory traitors decided to side with Corbyn and the Labour traitors and try and block the Brexit that the majority of people voted for."

I reckon the Tory Party is heavily infiltrated by them.

I see that Dom has been voicing his opinion on Boris and the NI Protocol https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-58898117
Mr Cummings - who has turned against Mr Johnson since being removed from Downing Street at the end of 2020 - claims the prime minister never understood what the withdrawal agreement really meant.

He tweeted: "What I've said does NOT mean 'the PM was lying in General Election 2019', he never had a scoobydoo [a clue] what the deal he signed meant.

"He never understood what leaving Customs Union meant until November 2020."

'Babbling'
When the prime minister did finally comprehend, said Mr Cummings, "he was babbling 'I'd never have signed it if I'd understood it' (but that WAS a lie)".

Asked if Mr Cummings was correct in his assessment, Lord Frost said: "We all understood extremely well what the deal meant, it delivered on democracy, took the UK out of the EU whole and entire, and it was a very good deal."

And as if we didn't know he was totally untrustworthy, here's the recollection of Ian Paisley. https://www.theguardian.com/politic...o-tear-up-ni-protocol-says-dup-mp-ian-paisley
Boris Johnson gave personal assurances to the Northern Ireland MP Ian Paisley that he would commit to “tearing up” the Brexit protocol that is now the centre of a major row between the UK and the EU, it has been claimed.

The Democratic Unionist party MP made the comments on BBC’s Newsnight just hours after the prime minister’s former adviser Dominic Cummings claimed it was always the intention to sign the withdrawal agreement in January 2020 but “ditch bits” they did not like in the protocol.
“Boris Johnson did tell me personally that he would, after agreeing to the protocol, he would sign up to changing that protocol and indeed tearing it up, that this was just for the semantics,” Paisley said.

It always baffles my why these people feel they were personally betrayed and had to learn that hard way, when his untrustworthy nature has been of press interest long before he was even Mayor Johnson.

Some person on Twitter said: 'I voted for Boris as mayor, at the time we all thought he was great...' This is a sort of naivety. And it also tells me a lot of people actually don't look at things they vote for ..such as *cough* Brexit.

It’s notable that British grievances keep moving around with new ones manufactured as needed. The EU resolves the phoney Ulster sausage war then as soon as that’s fixed, pivot to the new old outrage of submitting to the EJC for arbitration of disputes. The British Prime Minister’s mendacity is airbrushed out- its all the fault of EU intransigence, the EU rushing Britain into signing treaties Johnson was too busy to understand and on it goes.

It’s notable that British grievances keep moving around with new ones manufactured as needed. The EU resolves the phoney Ulster sausage war then as soon as that’s fixed, pivot to the new old outrage of submitting to the EJC for arbitration of disputes. The British Prime Minister’s mendacity is airbrushed out- its all the fault of EU intransigence, the EU rushing Britain into signing treaties Johnson was too busy to understand and on it goes.
What is not often repeated though is that Boris Johnson himself said this was a ‘good deal’. There is a great deal of media compliance going on here.

What is not often repeated though is that Boris Johnson himself said this was a ‘good deal’. There is a great deal of media compliance going on here.
Indeed, cabinet ministers were deployed, saying what a uniquely advantageous deal this was for Northern Ireland. It’s economy would boom since it was still in the Customs Union and still part of the U.K. The intention was to silence DUP dissent in the way of Boris getting Brexit done.

Polling of Tory members consistently shows Northern Ireland as being expendable to them, so the cod outrage over the position of Ulster is laughable.Johnson’s deal, like the U.K. economy, is decaying on a steady basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back