advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasn't it the Chelsea fans who were videoed racially abusing a man on the Paris underground prior to a CL game?
No, they were disgusting and reprehensible examples of moronic behaviour that is unfortunately present at all football clubs. The ringleaders of this episode which happened a few years ago were identified and banned, leaving Stamford Bridge to be a place for the pure of heart. At least in my seat!

I’ve been to most home games so far this season and have yet to hear any of the idiot racist booing of players taking the knee, which is still going on at some grounds.

Bookies have suspended betting on Chelsea finishing with a full complement of players and/or conceding at least one penalty in the match against Brentford at the weekend following the announcement of Anthony Taylor as referee.

No, they were disgusting and reprehensible examples of moronic behaviour that is unfortunately present at all football clubs. The ringleaders of this episode which happened a few years ago were identified and banned, leaving Stamford Bridge to be a place for the pure of heart. At least in my seat!

I’ve been to most home games so far this season and have yet to hear any of the idiot racist booing of players taking the knee, which is still going on at some grounds.

Yes unfortunately all clubs have these idiots quite right there.

The Chelsea incident did prompt a few of our lot to take the mickey at the time though;-

:D

I don’t think City are hated, despite the dodgy financials they generally behave in a respectful manner. More people hate Utd but they also behave correctly IMV & treat their own fans well.

From conversations I've had with Blues I know I can understand why tbh.
https://www.goal.com/en/news/explai...e-champions-league/19h32ar87gv411qfndpxuzir3w

Oh, indeed. In addition to the points made, UEFA did United's bidding for them, continuously, with David Gill representing their interests with a position on both boards and we were not going to then cheer and shout when tournament time came around. FFP, dodgy seedings, it was all stimulated by those wishing to protect the historic cartel of clubs that did not want any new entrants into their exclusive club. As for the items mentioned in the article, only the most biased could fail to understand CIty fans' feelings towards Uefa.

Rodgers had a big job at Liverpool? and ultimately failed. I suspect that Newcastle will opt for a top name who has shown he can sign and attract the top players, I doubt that British birth will come into the equation.
The kind of failure that Newcastle fans can only dream about? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Rodgers
Liverpool ended the season as Premier League runners-up, two points behind champions Manchester City.[63]

Liverpool scored 101 league goals in the season, the club's most since the 1895–96 season and the third-highest in Premier League history.[64] Later that month, Rodgers was awarded the LMA Manager of the Year Award becoming the first Liverpool manager to win the accolade in its 20-year history.[65][66] On 26 May 2014, Rodgers signed a new four-year contract at Liverpool.[67]

The kind of failure that Newcastle fans can only dream about? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Rodgers

Ultimately Rodgers despite being a good manager failed ( Wikipedia or Hans Christian Anderson does not alter that fact) ironically a Newcastle player meant that he failed in his PL bid.

What do you want when you have the keys to the bank a good manager or great one?

Suggest you take a look at the Leicester city forums for some opinions on Rodgers because as sure as hell signing players such as Vertongen (sp) will soon ruin your dreams.

You are entitled to look at the level of Klopp, Gardiola, Tuchel.Simione not Rodgers.

If you are Newcastle without much money Rodgers would be a good signing, with money not in my opinion!

The first thing that Newcastle need to do is get a good director of football, management team and up to date scouting / data analysis team, like City, Chelsea and Liverpool have done. Otherwise they will waste money on other teams cast-off's looking for their last big payday.
Appointing a "name" manager and letting him spend fortunes through his "favourite agents" (hello Mourinho) is a recipe for disaster and disappointment.

Ultimately Rodgers despite being a good manager failed ( Wikipedia or Hans Christian Anderson does not alter that fact) ironically a Newcastle player meant that he failed in his PL bid.

What do you want when you have the keys to the bank a good manager or great one?

Suggest you take a look at the Leicester city forums for some opinions on Rodgers because as sure as hell signing players such as Vertongen (sp) will soon ruin your dreams.

You are entitled to look at the level of Klopp, Gardiola, Tuchel.Simione not Rodgers.

If you are Newcastle without much money Rodgers would be a good signing, with money not in my opinion!

Yes, Rodgers failed to win the 2013/14 PL with Liverpool, but Demba Ba (ex-Newcastle) was a Chelsea player by then at that Slippy G moment and Anfield loss. Liverpool also threw away a 3-0 lead at Crystal Palace to come away with only a draw. Those two games in the 3 last games run-in cost them the title (they beat Newcastle on the final day at Anfield). Liverpool played some brilliant football that year and should really have won the league. It's similar to Newcastle in 1995/96 - they just couldn't get over the line. Just because Rodgers didn't get over the line that year, that doesn't mean he wouldn't have eventually got it right if he was given the time. Sir Alex Ferguson finished 11th, 2nd, 12th, 13th, 6th and 2nd before eventually winning the Title with Man U. Managers don't get that sort of time nowadays. However, given the time needed to develop the club and team, they then went on to win a total of 13 PL Titles under him. A good manager can sometimes grow and develop with the club. Others get left behind or drag the club down with them.

Dwight Gayle

Like Bruce in our striker-plight, I'd virtually forgotten about him. He must train and sit on the bench in a Bruce invisibility cloak.

I find it unbelievable that he only has 20 mins of PL football under him this season when Callum Wilson is not fit and we are struggling to score in games.

Problem with Rodgers is that he talks a lot of shit, it only works for so long, Liverpool fans were glad to see the back of him.

Thought Rodgers said no?

Yes, but he also said no to the Liverpool job originally.

I think Bruce is going to get a game or two. Depending upon the outcome of those game(s) and the manager market availability, there might be an interim manager appointment until the end of the season. The problem for Bruce is that most Newcastle fans don't like the way he sets us up and plays. He is seen as part of the Ashley regime and problems, whereas Rafa wasn't. Whatever Bruce does now, even if he won the next 10 games, as soon as he goes through a bad spell, the fans will be on his back again. The club doesn't need that negativity. Bruce has dug his own hole. It's probably for the best that a new man comes in.

Securing a top quality manager during the season is never easy - that said Tuchel hasn't done a bad job at Chelsea.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back