advertisement

Wilder v Fury

Just watched this (available on YouTube!!) And thought fury put on a better show than any of the press releases gave him credit for.

As for the referee...he cannot be commended for letting the fight flow...that's for sure!!

Just watched this (available on YouTube!!) And thought fury put on a better show than any of the press releases gave him credit for.

As for the referee...he cannot be commended for letting the fight flow...that's for sure!!
Managed to find a stream too (now gone). Fury is some boxer. Wilder was brave but outclassed again. I can't Fury losing to anyone else in the division unless fails to prepare properly. He's been on one helluva journey back from when he was massively overweight and suffering other problems. I can remember seeing his SM posts when he decided to get back into the game - at that time it looked unlikely he'd ever be fit enough to fight again.

He's now got be considered to be amongst some of the best heavyweights we've seen. Skillfull, powerful and doesn't know when he's beat. Hats off to him.

He's been on one helluva journey back from when he was massively overweight and suffering other problems.

I just read his autobiography (that dates from just after the first Wilder fight). It’s very candid and not a bad read.
FWIW I don’t think Joshua has much of a chance against him. Joshua is a fine athlete and role model but Fury is the brawler and seems to have greater resilience. I doubt Joshua could have continued after being knocked down in the manner Fury was.

Was talking with someone about his jab yesterday - it’s lethal and he lands it with real force and follows up with his right. His arms are freakishly long so he’s not wasting time & energy trying to throw hooks & crosses. They’d take too long to land and leave him open anyway. A very clever fighter making the best use of his natural gifts. Wilder did ok in the early rounds jabbing at the body but couldn’t keep it up or forgot the game plan, then it was game up from there on.

I just read his autobiography (that dates from just after the first Wilder fight). It’s very candid and not a bad read.
FWIW I don’t think Joshua has much of a chance against him. Joshua is a fine athlete and role model but Fury is the brawler and seems to have greater resilience. I doubt Joshua could have continued after being knocked down in the manner Fury was.

AJ would be advised to stay well away from Fury. I like AJ but think he’s an athlete who found boxing. He’s done very well for himself but I’d like to see him get out of the game before he gets hurt as he comes across as decent likeable bloke. Fury is way more than a brawler, though. Way more.

Calling Tyson Fury a 'brawler' is doing him a bit of a disservice.....:)

advertisement

Back