advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got to spend it :D

I remember, pre-Newcastle, when the headline writers did something similar to what they are doing now: they suggested that City had something like 20x the wealth of any other club in world football and used the wealth of multiple members of Sheikh Mansour's family to justify the sum, cementing the misguided belief that the club was owned by a country, causing much gnashing of teeth. Newcastle now apparently has 20x the wealth of City because they will be owned by a nation while City has one owner. It works as click-bait, beautifully so.

Anyway, who do you lot play, this weekend, so I know who I am supporting?;)

It seems that England failed to deliver with a team made up of 5 starters from City, plus their summer target of Harry. Maybe Pep dodged a bullet by backing off that purchase?

It seems that England failed to deliver with a team made up of 5 starters from City, plus their summer target of Harry. Maybe Pep dodged a bullet by backing off that purchase?

I was never in favour of the signing, personally. I think that with a front line that includes Foden, Jesus, Grealish, Mahrez, Torres and Sterling, backed up by the emergence of Liam Delap, City is well set. We play against 10 behind the ball, very often, so you have to have exceptional ability to find space in the box or be extremely clever off the ball to really deliver. I always thought that Harry would give an alternative but not be a panacea that would finish off all the chances created as it also takes away one of those doing the creating.

You spotted the flaw in the list. Any idea how much said country is worth?

Absolutely no idea whatsoever as the whole 'owned by a country' is a complete myth that Newcastle is now being tarred with as clickbait.

Stones - Man if the Match
Grealish - subbed when one of the few effective players
Foden - light years ahead of anyone else in control and thinking
Walker - solid as usual at the back
Sterling - crap

Kane trundled around the pitch like a tub of lard -useless.

I would like to know what Mount is supposed to bring to the party. He has been totally anonymous every time he has played for England.

One of Englands problems is that Pep players and Klopp players are so far ahead of any others in coaching that they make their colleagues look like championship players. Hopefully Tuchel can improve his Chelsea players too.
Southgate is hopeless in his approach.

Not sure why Girlish was subbed. Saka didn't add anything. Sterling and Kane should have gone off at half-time. England, though, generally poor - lots of poor touches, passes. Hungary were much better, especially in midfield.

Absolutely no idea whatsoever as the whole 'owned by a country' is a complete myth that Newcastle is now being tarred with as clickbait.
Saudi Arabia is an autocracy. As de facto dictator and the head of the PIF, Bin Salman's roles cannot possibly be separated. He is the state. And we can see by his threat to Johnson about the deal earlier in the year that he doesn't appreciate that the premier of a democracy doesn't enjoy the same universal powers as he.

It's extraordinary you haven't grasped this yet.

Saudi Arabia is an autocracy. As de facto dictator and the head of the PIF, Bin Salman's roles cannot possibly be separated. He is the state. And we can see by his threat to Johnson about the deal earlier in the year that he doesn't appreciate that the premier of a democracy doesn't enjoy the same universal powers as he.

Thanks.

Yada yada yada

It isn't.
He's tactically inept. Sells Lejeune who can actually play, benches Schar in favour of cloggers in his own image. Played Hayden at CB FFS.
Everyone behind the ball. Give it to ASM and see what happens.
Benches Gayle when we don't have a fit goalscorer.
If anything Rafa was more pragmatic than Bruce but respected by the fans as there was a clear plan and out game:
https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/01/a-...teve-bruce-and-rafa-benitez-newcastle-united/

Rafa the knacker relegated them from a position of safety cos he was too cautious and he had 52 thousand screaming Jawdees behind him. Bruce has been hounded by Newcastles famously loyal fans and he kept them in the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back