advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Leclerc was 1,25 seconds faster than Lewis in sector 1, on tv we didn't see sector 2 and 3 times, because Mercedes team called Lewis in soon after that difference was displayed.

Pirelli head on the TV now saying HAM was on the carcass construction and probably would not have finished. Starting to look like a good decision if still not better than the earlier change.

I was just as frustrated watching the race but have calmed down a bit now ;-)

Worth listening to Toto’s comments post race to get the full story. It was not the right call but to stay out would have been super risky of a tyre failure and PER and LEC closing fast. OCO stayed on the inters and was 4 sec a lap slower than his team mate.

They had to play the percentages and once they had missed the earlier tyre change period the late change was the only option.

Yeah, Toto's interview did calm me down a bit :) ..but Hamilton is a master of knackered tyres and rain...it may have been the 'sensible' call, but I think Lewis would have prevailed. Still, it is done now, I sure hope he takes Austin.

Pirelli head on the TV now saying HAM was on the carcass construction and probably would not have finished. Starting to look like a good decision if still not better than the earlier change.
I was going to add that it was a very difficult live decision and that only people who would be able to make a good post race judgement as to the life left in the tyres are Pirelli after they have taken the post race tyre samples from Lewis' tyres.

The call that Merc made would have been based on input from Pirelli, the Merc tyre engineering team and the race strategy team.

Looking at the race trace showed that whilst Lewis was lapping slower than the drivers he was racing, the degradation was not that big. Charles had very clear degradation from lap 36 onwards, OCO, who did make it to the end, had larger (than Lewis) degradation from lap 28. Lewis would not have needed much more tyre deg, which with him sliding the car was going to increase, to have put him in a very tight finish with PER and Charles.

Max will overtake Bottas within the first lap, potentially put him into a wall as he likes to do, Lewis will be stuck behind Norris and Alonso lap after lap, it will then rain, and he will dance his way up to the top and there will be a fight for 2nd with Chavstappen.

Mazepin will spin.
Wrong on every count

I see Horner is moaning about the Mercedes performance, I suppose he had to Moan about something in the absence of Lewis taking out Max.

Such selective memories when it suits. Was not Lewis whining about Red Bull's performance improvement in the Summer?

Horner really is a whinger and thinks he is always right and that Max is a whiter than white driver and Lewis is unsporting ,Blah ,Blah , Blah ! He is getting very boring and uninteresting .
At least Toto tries to have a more balanced view

advertisement

Back