advertisement

Lego brings out 9000 piece titanic model

Speed Champions are one of the better appreciating themes. I have all of the singles in MISB condition, except for the first three - which I could buy only as used sets. The six-stud wide original series are very collectable, and were cheap as chips when first released.
Which were the first three ? I have some speed champ models misb

Likewise, but over the last five or six years. With very few exceptions I buy and collect only the sets that I actually like to build. I have a handful of duplicates where the desire to build one is overwhelming. It's a struggle not to unbox the 1:8 scale Porsche 911 GT3, Bugatti Chiron and Lamboghini Sián and get them built. So I keep them out of sight, out of mind (and sunlight).
I sold the 911 GT3 for more double it cost and sunk the money into the huge Millennium Falcon set. I’m hoping I haven’t messed up now as I reckon the GT3 will keep increasing. It’s all a gamble but even if it fails at least you still have a pile of plastic bits to look at! :D

maxresdefault.jpg

I guess that depends on the delta between intrinsic and extrinsic value. I don't think some of the Star Wars USC sets are worth the asking price. But the Creator Expert modular buildings are, to me. Judging by the detail, size, piece-count and historic significance, I think the Titanic is intrinsically worth the asking price.

Nice but I’m done with my Lego ‘investments’ now. Time to forget all about them and check prices in 5 years time or so.

Please don’t drop in value Lego! ;):D

My Titanic set should be arriving tomorrow, according to the tracking information. The question is, can I resist not building it, or would I need to buy a second set for MISB collecting.

My Titanic set should be arriving tomorrow, according to the tracking information. The question is, can I resist not building it, or would I need to buy a second set for MISB collecting.

It has to be built, it's epic!

Let's hope it doesn't have a tragic accident en route...

advertisement

Back