advertisement

The Strangest TV show ever made

H.R. Pufnstuf, still get the occasional flashback...
I had picked that as nickname for a young cannabis addicted single mother that moved into my street just before the pandemic started.

As her given name is Candice, I had originally nicknamed her 'Cannabis', but she has since informed me that she is an HR manager.

I too can still hear that feckin' theme song rattling round my brain, as my younger sister used to have it blaring on telly. According to the internets, it only lasted one season; seemed like an eternity to me.

I had picked that as nickname for a young cannabis addicted single mother that moved into my street just before the pandemic started.

As her given name is Candice, I had originally nicknamed her 'Cannabis', but she has since informed me that she is an HR manager.

I too can still hear that feckin' theme song rattling round my brain, as my younger sister used to have it blaring on telly. According to the internets, it only lasted one season; seemed like an eternity to me.

The product of an LSD addled mind...

People talk about the trauma of HR Pufnstuf, and rightly so, but for me, a different Sid and Marty Krofft show was the real freakout: Lidsville.

Apparently based on a British show, Hattytown Tales, from 1969.

Well, for the strangest commissioning decision ever made, try “Heil Honey I’m Home!”, British Satellite Broadcasting’s 1950’s-style sitcom about the Adolf and Eva Hitler. No, really:

I remember that tale disturbing me really quite a lot with its strangeness. It and the perhaps more conventional but equally disturbing "The Stone Tape" are the TV programmes from my adolescence that imprinted themselves most strongly into my memory.

'The Stone Tape' scared the sh*t out of me when it was first broadcast back in the 1970s. :eek:

I wonder if by any chance they were related?
hqdefault.jpg

advertisement

Back