advertisement

No Time to Die, Yet?

Wife and I really enjoyed the movie last night. Time passed quickly for me - set pieces great. Photography breathtaking at times (where is that town at the intro? just gorgeous!). All the Bond elements in place and some added poignancy.

Bond after this will have the ability to head off in a new direction!

Matera, near Puglia :)

I met a local there who told me to walk down the canyon because there are more frescoes in the caves down there.
I found a miserable almond tree completely parched in the 40+ heat. It had one almond on it, which I ate. It had the flavour of all the almonds in the world.

We have just got back from seeing the film.

We are flabbergasted. It was awful. We are unable to find any redeeming features.

Very glad we saw all the Daniel Craig Bond films before we saw this film, because even Quantum of Solace was a five star film compared to this weak excuse.

No details as I don’t want to put spoilers up.
Same for me, sorely disappointed with confusing hollow script, poor acting from one or two others and you don’t end a Bond film like that. as usual many different views posted. For me the weakest of the DC films.

Same for me, sorely disappointed with confusing hollow script, poor acting from one or two others and you don’t end a Bond film like that. as usual many different views posted. For me the weakest of the DC films.

:)

Reassuring that it isn’t just The Wife and I who were disappointed with the film.

I think the director has to take some responsibility, he has little experience.

Hard to find a review that isn’t gushing, but there are some.

The Independent >

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...iews/no-time-to-die-review-bond-b1929676.html

I absolutely loved it but would agree that the baddie was a bit rubbish with no real plan that I could discern, apart from killing people.

And if Ana de Armas doesn’t reappear in future Bond films, then it’ll be a travesty!

The Daughter and her man went to see the new Bond film.

She was heavily disappointed. There were no redeeming features.

Most of all she was annoyed that she had to agree with my assessment.

We discussed the script, music and acting and came up with the same conclusion.

Fail.

A real shame as we are big fans of Bond.

Worth noting that in terms of opinion, I rank The Daughter high up there :)

Watched it twice with SWMBO over the weekend - loved it. With Spectre gone, Rami Malek was a decent baddie and I liked the link to it being M"s weapon being modified to achieve mass destruction, poignant ending and I thought the film needs to be viewed with the previous 4 DC Bond films as they're all linked.

Last edited:
My wife & I thought it was a superb film with a sad but great ending

My top 2 will always be Spectre & Skyfall; but No Time to Die follows them very closely

advertisement

Back