advertisement

Samantha Fish - anyone?

Vinny

pfm Member
Anyone know her stuff enough to suggest a best LP to start with?

LOADS of her stuff on YouTube - this one picked totally at random, and not an especially good choice at that - and I like most of it, but where to start with stuff that I pay for :)

Kill or be kind, her latest is definitely worth checking out.

As it's nearly Christmas o_O, a tongue in cheek recommendation for her version of Run Run Rudolph which I enjoyed last year!

Thanks - last two albums to be investigated. I see that only her last 3(?) have been on record as well as CD, which is going to sway me more than slightly.

Her last album and Black Wind Howlin', not many will agree with my later choice. I've seen her live a couple of times and had hoped to see her again this year but covid 19 intervened. Hopefully you will get the chance to see her live, she is phenomenal on stage.

New alum is out, "Faster". Very good, her best, a major step up in song writing, every single song is excellent there is not filler and quite a lot of variation. The sleeve notes says that the songs were co-written with others, this is a good decision. Production is also excellent and the vinyl clear and quiet.
Also interesting is the "live" versions of some songs on YouTube. For example this is great,
, from the new album and has Sarah Tomek on drums playing unbelievably - she does not appear on the record but I think she is the touring drummer.

hoping to see and hear her play in Bath in January with the new version of Wille & The Bandits supporting

Seen her live several times over in the UK and met her through a good friend for a drink, charming young lady

advertisement

Back