advertisement

The Photography Purchase Confessional Thread (GAS)

Nikon supply hoods with every lens as far as I know, it seems a little penny pinching not to.

I am glad I am a Nikon user, lens hoods and the ability to find the on/off switch and use it with one hand

;)

Pete

Nikon supply hoods with every lens as far as I know, it seems a little penny pinching not to.

I am glad I am a Nikon user, lens hoods and the ability to find the on/off switch and use it with one hand

;)

Pete

Yeah, but your lenses go on backwards................................ :D

After hovering over buying one for a few years, I've finally dipped a toe into the Leica waters with an M9.
Did look at a 240 but the CCD sensor in the M9 won me over. Was a little worried it would all be hype but I'm resting easy having done a little bit of shooting over the last week.

Picked up a Zeiss 35mm f2 to go with it.

DSF5850.jpg

The perils of multiple ILC systems and lens overlap

Indeed - I should know better having been here before with the D800e and my last X-T2 which I ran side-by-side, but I just couldn't help myself!

I could justify it by saying the X-T2 is something my son could use on our trips to the hills but I'd be lying. Just fancied flirting with an old flame again :D

Lefty

Good on you! I'm sure it will be a fantastic camera (I love my Z7)

Lefty

I'm a full time professional but also confess that I cannot really justify in a rational business sense.
I put my order in (I think) very early but I'm hoping it will be several months before I see it.

I'm a full time professional but also confess that I cannot really justify in a rational business sense.
I put my order in (I think) very early but I'm hoping it will be several months before I see it.

Ah nice - if I may ask, what do you shoot for your job?

What would it be replacing for you? Have you already got a Z camera or are you coming from a Nikon DSLR?

Lefty

Ah nice - if I may ask, what do you shoot for your job?

What would it be replacing for you? Have you already got a Z camera or are you coming from a Nikon DSLR?

Lefty

Brand Photography, Classic Cars, Dogs & Horses. I do a small amount of portrait & weddings too.
Replacing...hmm that's a good question. If I go through with the order it will put me in a difficult position. I have a gazillion F mount lenses and no z mount lenses.
The FTZII adapter is also on order.
It would become my main camera withe my existing D850 working alongside it.
I'll sell my D810 and probably also my D500.
Likely a messy and protracted transition.

Brand Photography, Classic Cars, Dogs & Horses. I do a small amount of portrait & weddings too.
Replacing...hmm that's a good question. If I go through with the order it will put me in a difficult position. I have a gazillion F mount lenses and no z mount lenses.
The FTZII adapter is also on order.
It would become my main camera withe my existing D850 working alongside it.
I'll sell my D810 and probably also my D500.
Likely a messy and protracted transition.

Ah I see. I was going to suggest you go for the Z7 / Z7 II and use the savings to build out a collection of Z glass, but it sounds like you'd miss the AF prowess of the D850 / 500 for your dogs and horses? (Assuming they are moving rather than static).

For info, the FTZ adapter works flawlessly with F mount lenses (as long as they are AF-S or newer. It doesn't support screw drive, AF-D lenses).

For me (landscapes), the Z7 is all the camera I need as I don't need super fast AF.

Lefty

advertisement

Back