advertisement

Downloaded updates for Innuos Mini Zen 3 and iPad no longer works.

Check out the Inn-Sights blog. I think this was covered in some of the earliest posts. However, it honk its’ so also true to say that Innuos have a player option on the road map.

Given your avatar I would expect nothing else :) I very much like a couple of things she’s done but generally I find her dull and emotionally dishonest. Hides more than she exposes if you like.

Mm, interesting take. I think she can adopt certain personas but I don’t see how she can be emotionally dishonest? I’ve never met her

Today I took delivery of two 'Original Album Series' 5CD sets. To whit..Emmylou Harris Vol.2, and Carly Simon.

I immediately ripped them to the Innuos, but..with the Sense app, the ripper decided to give them all the front cover of the set, and then label them discs 1-5, without the individual album titles or covers.This did not happen via 'My Innuos', when ripping similar sets.
So, I decided to change each disc individually, to add the proper cover and disc title, but that doesn't look possible. All that happens is that the first disc becomes the new cover and title for the set, and editing disc 2 and beyond isn't doable. So, I guess I'll have to try deleting them all, then ripping and editing them one at a time.

Another question while I have the attention of a few people who may actually know what they are doing..I want to digitise loads of vinyl using my Yamaha CDR. At present the method is to copy to the CDR hard drive, then burn to re-writable disc and rip to the Innuos. It works, but it's cumbersome. I can't see any way of directly exporting files from the CDR HDD to the Innuos, even though they sit next to each other in the rack. CDR has no USB. So, I wondered if I took the hard drive out of the CDR and put it into a caddy/dock and connected to PC.... could I import to the Innuos from that? (Drive is very accessible) There's nothing in the CDR manual about what Codecs it uses, so I took a CD I've made from it and via VLC on the PC I established that the Codec is 'PCM S16LE (s161)' whatever that means. Assuming the Yamaha system doesn't stop me accessing these files.. will the Innuos recognise them?

Sorry..quoting myself.. but I found this on AV Forums today: Yamaha CDR HD1500 | Page 2 | AVForums

Fascinating stuff with people replacing the original hard drive in the Yamaha, with SD cards etc.. all clever stuff.. but beyond me. However.. worth asking a few questions on there I think.

Today I took delivery of two 'Original Album Series' 5CD sets. To whit..Emmylou Harris Vol.2, and Carly Simon.

I immediately ripped them to the Innuos, but..with the Sense app, the ripper decided to give them all the front cover of the set, and then label them discs 1-5, without the individual album titles or covers.This did not happen via 'My Innuos', when ripping similar sets.
So, I decided to change each disc individually, to add the proper cover and disc title, but that doesn't look possible. All that happens is that the first disc becomes the new cover and title for the set, and editing disc 2 and beyond isn't doable. So, I guess I'll have to try deleting them all, then ripping and editing them one at a time.
This happened with a simple minds box set, however, Bill Evans Riverside set was split into albums correctly. I don’t think it is a set issue.

Grouping of collections of CDs was a well advertised feature of Innuos 2.0 not least because the previous approach produced, if we’re being generous, erratic results. My recall is that a sub set of users requested that the old way should be available too and I think that’s on course for a future release.

In the meantime you do an assisted rip and set each disc as 1 of 1 and edit the cover art before you rip the next disc and you should get what you want.

For what it’s worth I much prefer the new version. Far tidier. However, each to their own.

New 2.07 update available for the OS (no app update). People reporting a further sound improvement, but not had a listen yet.

Lower noise floor (again) and slightly more forward presentation after about 20 hours listening. Makes a further step forward on fixing connection losses when minimising the app but still doesn’t solve it in all cases.

I haven’t really noticed any of these incremental sound improvements since 2.05, but it’s been rock solid stable for me since 2.06 and sounds wonderful anyway!

edit: wrong version mentioned.

advertisement

Back