advertisement

Gas and Electricity Prices

They only sent it to me about three days ago! Although I think it might have said it was for existing customers only come to think about it!
I'll see what they send me when my existing tariff ends in Dec, it'll no doubt be less favourable. Might have to call them tomorrow.

They offered me fixed or standard variable. The variable was cheaper but not by enough to make it worth bothering with for me, like I say though I'm only a very light user, my current DD is £42 p/m.

like I say though I'm only a very light user, my current DD is £42 p/m.

Mine was (before 2nd Oct.) only £16 more and I was always in credit but I didn't think that I was a light user in this 3 bed detached with the two of us. Anyway, that's all changed now. Thought I'd missed the boat by leaving it 'til mid September for a 24 m fix but that looks reasonable now !!!!

Just bad and worse news every day on the energy (mainly gas) front with dire warnings etc. Even if 50% is media hype, fings ain't lookin' good.

For a laugh :rolleyes:, I tried to get a quote from my existing energy provider, to see how much of an increase there has been on fixed deals compared to when I checked a few weeks back, and received this message:-

Screenshot-2021-10-08-at-11-49-47-Octopus-Energy.png

After clicking to continue to a quote, received this message:-

Screenshot-2021-10-08-at-11-56-32-Octopus-Energy.png

Delighted with Octopus here.
Ask for some credit back it’s returned within days.
No ignoring me or repeat contact needed.

I’ve yesterday ordered a hybrid system. A normal boiler with a companion air to water heat pump. It operates following a simple algorithm: if electricity gives more KW than Gas, it uses the heat pump. If gas is cheaper it uses that.

The brand is Atag, I don’t know if that’s available in the UK.

I've been looking at log burning stoves recently with a view to having one in the main sitting room. Many places seem to be out of stock. I wonder why?

I quite fancy a Tory winter of discontent.

Nothing like galvanising militancy with food and fuel shortages with incomes falling well behind prices.

Might finally make the penny drop for the idiots up in the former red wall seats.
Not that we have a viable opposition for them to back at the moment.

advertisement

Back