advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is actually worse than Twitter, something which I hadn't thought possible.

Unless the argument is fully refuted I am claiming victory. Saying 'whatever' does not cut it. I think we can say now that there are no real benefits to Brexit at all. Even if there were potential benefits (and there were) they have not been seized upon or put into action. Brexit is therefore a complete failure. I am declaring it, so Bri & co can retire. Nice chap, but wrong.

BBC Question Time audiences being “carefully selected” to mirror how people voted 5+ years ago is nothing short of choreographed propaganda. Opinion polls consistently show there hasn’t been a public majority for Leave since 2016. A blatant attempt to distort public opinion.

https://twitter.com/AdamJSchwarz/status/1446401524830199819

You should read the comments for a fuller view.

Also your regular reminder not to watch Question Time as its a terrible programme and it's only use is to show the decline of the BBC.

Unless the argument is fully refuted I am claiming victory. Saying 'whatever' does not cut it. I think we can say now that there are no real benefits to Brexit at all. Even if there were potential benefits (and there were) they have not been seized upon or put into action. Brexit is therefore a complete failure. I am declaring it, so Bri & co can retire. Nice chap, but wrong.

You might want to save yourself some exasperation and a lot of time, by not worrying too much about the strength of your argument. You are dealing with someone totally uninterested in anything other than his own amusement.

If you persist, you will encounter the following:

Dipping into a discussions between others purely to provoke and goad.

When you respond, you will receive requests for information or links that he has no intention of reading, let alone understanding. The technique of debate is then littered with self contradiction and evasion, it will be relentless and he will twist everything to the extent that he hopes you will lose your bearings and forget what the original point was, after which, he will run various accusations from you're confused or confusing him with someone else, or making stuff up/lying. When he inevitably gets caught out, it’s always other people who are bullying him.

In a thread supposedly about the benefits of Brexit, ho hum, you may already have encountered a reluctance to declare how he voted on the subject of the thread, presumably in some attempt to seem above the fray or to play both ends. In other threads you will find the alleged Labour voter employing similar tactics to provoke other voters for the same party.

In short, the very essence of trolling.

Even if I say so myself I am not easily confused or gaslit or given the runaround. I may not have all the answers, as no-one has, but I know twaddle and a house of cards when I see one and take great pleasure in demolishing it.

Good luck with getting any coherent response or engagement. Bot just regurgitates same mantra and starts getting narky when you pose questions as that would mean deviating from the repetitive tiresome tape loop. Many have trodden your path and realize this bot is just an empty vessel.
All the usual suspects piling in.

When are you ( and the gang ) planning to turn up on my doorstep to give me a kicking rather than making snide posts on the internet?

All the usual suspects piling in.

When are you ( and the gang ) planning to turn up on my doorstep to give me a kicking rather than making snide posts on the internet?
Don't take it as 'piling-in'. Anything I engage with is me on my own, as I assume anyone else is. You're just in a minority. The core argument you have put forth and rest on is also unsustainable and without merit.

Falling back on the 'bullied' response is disingenuous.

You haven’t been paying attention. I said years ago there are no benefits of brexit to be accepted in this thread.

Don't take it as 'piling-in'. Anything I engage with is me on my own, as I assume anyone else is. You're just in a minority. The core argument you have put forth and rest on is also unsustainable and without merit.

Falling back on the 'bullied' response is disingenuous.
:D:D I don’t feel at all bullied. You’re making stuff up again.

I haven’t put forth argument, just stated the fact of the situation around the time of the referendum. It is not open for argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back