advertisement

Strange occurrences in daily life

If it had red claws ,then it was probably an American signal crayfish which is the equivalent to the grey squirrel to our native red squirrel population.They are a disaster to our native crayfish.If it was putting it back was a mistake
Apparently the Americans make for better eating....every cloud and all that.

Here in Sweden they imported the American cray fish in the 1960's and planted them everywhere. Seems there are people who actually eat them.
I caught one once, cooked and ate it. Nice, but needs salt. I'd have 4 as a starter any day of the week.

Psycho crustaceans! Did you see that one going for the net? Also watching the kids in that film- that was a great age to be. I belonged to a gang that turned over peoples fruit gardens. It was a functioning democracy. We would go out spotting then agree a plan of attack using stealth or surprise, hitting the strawberries and raspberries mob handed. I still have a scar on my left shin from stepping into a corrugated iron lined compost pit when the geezer came flying out his back door.

Proper stuff eh, getting a good chase!

Proper stuff eh, getting a good chase!
We used to go up tower blocks in the lift, one would stay in to keep the doors open while the others sprinted round every door ringing the bell then get back in the lift. We would do the nearly the whole building floor by floor. One boy was mad though because he would press the open door button just as we were getting away, for added excitement.

I just went outside and threw away some plastic and the neighbour (easy on the eye, we previously had a short-lived 'thing'. Never do this when you still have to live next door!) was taking in-her washing. She had a pair of fairly skimpy underwear between her teeth as she released the others from the pegs. And she threw them all into a basket and said: "Yes, you'll not recognise them, I've bought all new ones since.." And I wasn't even looking.

We're going to play Monopoly next week.

My self and madam recently got a chippy meal in Clitheroe then drove over to Great Harwood. We stopped on the hills between Whalley and Great Harwood to eat the chips and enjoy the scenery in a lay-by. There was a chap with one of those karaoke set ups in a 'neighbouring' lay-by belting out a few sixties chart toppers a la Pub Singer. No audience, just him by his car. After about 15 minutes he packed up and left.
A few weeks previous to this we were doing something similar but on a deserted 'car park' just outside Sabden, looking toward Pendle. I enjoy peace and quiet and scenery with my chips! Two cars pulled up and two blokes got out and started to practice their bagpipe playing.

Driving home from the office on the M6 southbound yesterday afternoon, two police cars came out of Knutsford service station, blue lights on, and raced past the traffic, before slowing, and forcing all traffic to slow down to about 25-30mph, and get into the two left-hand lanes. After a couple of minutes, a convoy of a car followed by two unmarked police cars sped past in the overtaking lane, probably at 120 mph+. After another couple of minutes, the two police cars allowed traffic to proceed normally. I’ve never experienced anything like this on a UK motorway before, and presume that the police were transporting some VIP (or criminal mastermind!) with maximum security. Is this standard police practice?

Driving home from the office on the M6 southbound yesterday afternoon, two police cars came out of Knutsford service station, blue lights on, and raced past the traffic, before slowing, and forcing all traffic to slow down to about 25-30mph, and get into the two left-hand lanes. After a couple of minutes, a convoy of a car followed by two unmarked police cars sped past in the overtaking lane, probably at 120 mph+. After another couple of minutes, the two police cars allowed traffic to proceed normally. I’ve never experienced anything like this on a UK motorway before, and presume that the police were transporting some VIP (or criminal mastermind!) with maximum security. Is this standard police practice?
A criminal would have been in a van no matter their importance.

So we get these things are little bastards, but what is their natural habitat?

Water.

My self and madam recently got a chippy meal in Clitheroe then drove over to Great Harwood. We stopped on the hills between Whalley and Great Harwood to eat the chips and enjoy the scenery in a lay-by. There was a chap with one of those karaoke set ups in a 'neighbouring' lay-by belting out a few sixties chart toppers a la Pub Singer. No audience, just him by his car. After about 15 minutes he packed up and left.
A few weeks previous to this we were doing something similar but on a deserted 'car park' just outside Sabden, looking toward Pendle. I enjoy peace and quiet and scenery with my chips! Two cars pulled up and two blokes got out and started to practice their bagpipe playing.

Did you ask if they have a licence to do that?

I think they do it for fun.

advertisement

Back