advertisement

Which CD Player is Better to Buy Under £ 500

Peter Leo

Bird is the Word
Hello, friends. I recently bought another vintage CD player in which the laser died within a couple of months. I'm tired of looking for good repairmen, besides, repairs are quite expensive. I want to buy a CD player no older than 15 years old. I have an external DAC, so the CD transport will also come in handy. There are several options, for example Denon DCD-1500AE, Exposure 3010S, Marantz SA 7003, Rega Apollo.
I need good CD-R reading and high reliability of the transport mechanism.

Hello, friends. I recently bought another vintage CD player in which the laser died within a couple of months. I'm tired of looking for good repairmen, besides, repairs are quite expensive. I want to buy a CD player no older than 15 years old. I have an external DAC, so the CD transport will also come in handy. There are several options, for example Denon DCD-1500AE, Exposure 3010S, Marantz SA 7003, Rega Apollo.
I need good CD-R reading and high reliability of the transport mechanism.

What is the vintage player that has just died?

yes thats the reason i avoid slot loaders . I looked at the cambridge and read the forums now for about a year but not convinced of reliability .
I've used a Project slot-loading CD player for about 6 years with no reliability issues or scratched CDs.

Kenwood DP7020
Well if it's the laser that has failed it could be painless to fix. The DP-7020 uses the Sony KSS-150 laser (originals are no longer available) but new production KSS-210 heads are cross compatible and very inexpensive. I've done several.

Alternatively, cheap donor players with original Sony KSS-150 heads are easy to find.

Well if it's the laser that has failed it could be painless to fix.
The repairman installed a new laser, but the CD-player stopped reading part of the branded discs and all CD-Rs. Now the repairman doesn't know what to do. It's a big problem to find a knowledgeable master.

advertisement

Back