advertisement

This weekend's HiFi show

Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Accuphase all the way down
Anybody going to the show in Northants this weekend (9-10 Oct)?

I'm going, but wondering about the wisdom of spending hours in small rooms and stuffy corridors surrounded by ageing men, many of whom will no doubt have various co-morbidities (and carrier bags full of brochures, obvs).

Apparently, being double-jabbed and having also had Covid, my chances of reinfection are around 0.015% which feels like fairly decent odds.

Don't forget colds, flu and hernias caused by brochure addiction, Sue. I'm too far away, but the only contributor there I'd be interested in is Lector (surprise to see their name, t.b.h.); mainly because it's not mainstream and I have the 4 box CDP. If you go and visit this room, I'd be interested in your observations.

lots of chat about this show on the forums , alchris audio being eagerly awaited by many . [ kralk audio] . should be a great w/e

the 2 other shows planned for Oct have both been postponed so great this is still happening

I’ve really missed not going to the usual shows but tbh the way things are I’m inclined to wait a bit longer.

I'm heading to this and very much looking forward to it.

Will definitely be heading to see Alchris Audio.

I'm not too fussed about covid as like you @Sue Pertwee-Tyr I too am double jabbed and have already had it.

gosh are there still problems with that ?

Supply in London and the south east is dire. I managed, purely by luck and passing a filling station that had just taken a delivery of fuel to get a full tank, with only a 15 minute wait.

Only stating the obvious, but I wouldn't risk travelling to the show unless you have enough fuel to get you home again, as there is no guarantee you will be able to get fuel on route.

I tried five petrol stations in Horsham today - all shut! I filled up on 11th September so all the more annoying plus FB has accentuated the problem by sending 100’s of people to stations that have fuel.

If you are going to the show, pop in and see my mate Chris at Theme One Records. Assuming you still own a turntable!

I should be going, does anyone know how much tickets are?

Never heard of alchris audio, what’s the excitement about?

advertisement

Back