advertisement

Magnesium tablet/sleep

wacko

pfm Member
I was sceptical but eventually I tried it: a magnesium tablet at bedtime to promote better sleep. And it does seem to work. Of course that may just be autosuggestion or whatever.
Anybody else tried it ?

I don't trust magnesium. Genesis set off a couple of trays of the stuff when I saw them 50 years ago and I didn't appreciate being blind for several seconds. So the next time I saw them I closed my eyes at all the climactic moments. Of course, nothing happened.

A bottle of Rochefort at bedtime sounds like a far better idea to me.

I take them.
A high dose too.
No difference to my sleep.
I still don’t sleep well at all.

I used to have Milk of Magnesia when I was a nipper. Always slept like a log. The difficulty was getting me out of bed.

The best use I have for magnesium is as magnesium carbonate, gymnasts' chalk. It dries the sweat on your hands when climbing.

Ah magnesium, Mg if you will or if you are in a hurry.

It's a chemical element with an atomic number of 12. A shiny and gray solid, it bears a close physical resemblance to the other five elements in the second column (group 2, or alkaline earth metals) of the periodic table: all group 2 elements have the same electron configuration in the outer electron shell and a similar crystal structure.

Did you know this element is produced in large, aging stars from the sequential addition of three helium nuclei to a carbon nucleus? Of course not. Your brain is smaller than mine.

When such stars explode as supernovas, much of the magnesium is expelled into the interstellar medium where it may recycle into new star systems. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the Earth's crust — though not the eighth most abundant element in Krusty the Clown — and the fourth most common element in the Earth (after iron, oxygen and silicon), making up 13% of the planet's mass and a large fraction of the planet's mantle.

JP

Dead cheap to say the least. Prescribed by the NHS as a sleeping tablet? 'Nough said.
it is NOT licensed by nice for sleep treatment as far as I can see . Only for magnesium deficiency. One has to be careful if you have kidney problems too

Ah magnesium, Mg if you will or if you are in a hurry.

It's a chemical element with an atomic number of 12. A shiny and gray solid, it bears a close physical resemblance to the other five elements in the second column (group 2, or alkaline earth metals) of the periodic table: all group 2 elements have the same electron configuration in the outer electron shell and a similar crystal structure.

Did you know this element is produced in large, aging stars from the sequential addition of three helium nuclei to a carbon nucleus? Of course not. Your brain is smaller than mine.

When such stars explode as supernovas, much of the magnesium is expelled into the interstellar medium where it may recycle into new star systems. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the Earth's crust — though not the eighth most abundant element in Krusty the Clown — and the fourth most common element in the Earth (after iron, oxygen and silicon), making up 13% of the planet's mass and a large fraction of the planet's mantle.

JP
Joe

Meridian amplifiers are really heavy, yet magnesium is rather light. How does one resolve this conundrum?

Marchy, my man.

Were the amps used to play heavy metal? That might explain it.

Joe

I take a magnesium supplement for AFIB. Some studies suggest it can help keep heart rhythm steady, and also slightly lower blood pressure.

https://rnareset.com/

Talked with my electrophysiologist and cardiologist before starting. My magnesium levels are average, but they both agreed it couldn’t hurt to try because I would simply pee out any unneeded excess mineral.

Apparently it is Magnesium Oxide. It says 3 tablets as a dietary supplement and I only take 1 so probably does nothing much.

advertisement

Back