advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the midst of these dark times, another little ray of Brexit sunlight has briefly lit the path of hope. Apparently they (whoever 'they' might be) are anticipating a drought of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc by Christmas!

Now whether this happy disaster is to be caused by actual brexitty effects, or a shortage of lockdown-addicted Kiwis to make the ghastly stuff, or to shuffle it off to the ports, or of the containers that are all stuck in Felixstowe packed full of useless uncertifiable Chinese PPE bought from confidence tricksters with billions of pounds of taxpayer's spondoolix etc, who knows, or even cares, for at least you will be spared the awfulness of your wife slugging too much Oyster Bay before the Quorn ersatz turkey, and having breath like Godzilla and a headache to match on boxing day morning.

I’ve not been on this zombie thread for ages. The poor man, someone should drown his caul.

In the midst of these dark times, another little ray of Brexit sunlight has briefly lit the path of hope. Apparently they (whoever 'they' might be) are anticipating a drought of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc by Christmas!

Thank God for that!
What’s going on with wine prices? Worth buying ahead now?

Interesting about the Putin funding. Presumably you've got hard evidence of both the funding and the effect of that funding on the outcome of the referendum?

Or did you get it from twitter?

Funding - I look forward to seeing the proof, you taking your complaint to the Courts and a successful outcome.

As an aside, no matter the result of the next GE the new govt must be the Green party. We can ignore how people voted because of whatever reason people like you care to think will give the outcome you demand.

You two really ought to read this and as the FT puts it, why no inquiry?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0849XYYF7/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

some reviews:

“If you doubt that hostile foreign powers were happy to assist Britain into decline, I recommend Shadow State … dazzling and meticulous.” -- Nick Cohen ― Observer

Necessary ... [Harding] knows his snow on their boots. He was effectively expelled from Russia in 2011 for the crime of getting under the Kremlin’s skin, something too many Moscow correspondents fail to do … Shadow State reads like a thriller, but he hasn’t made it up. -- Guardian ― John Sweeney

Shadow State raises fresh questions about the way the UK government has handled claims of Kremlin interference in Britain’s democratic processes -- David Bond ― Financial Times

“An impassioned indictment of the Kremlin … detailed and compelling … wide-ranging and well-researched.” -- Daniel Beer ― Guardian ‘Book of the Day’

“Harding’s book poses a fearful dilemma … excellent.” -- Stuart Kelly ― Scotsman

"Shadow State reads like a thriller and abounds with spies, dubious businessmen, politicians and crooks in various exotic settings." -- Judith Devlin ― Irish Times

“Putin, an intelligence officer in East Germany in the 1980s, turned himself into today’s Tsar by means of kleptomania and a reassertion of the military power and techniques of international destabilisation inherited from the Soviet Union. It is brilliantly described in Luke Harding’s new book Shadow State.” -- Andrew Adonis ― New European

[Collusion is] a superb piece of work, wonderfully done and essential reading for anyone who cares for his country. Amazing research and brilliantly collated. -- John Le Carré

Extraordinarily pacy ... [Collusion is] one of the best political thrillers I have come across in years -- Robert Fox ― Evening Standard

Collusion is so essential and ... I wish everyone who is skeptical that Russia has leverage over Trump would read it ... Invaluable. ― The New York Times

If you thought Michael Wolff's book was dynamite, just wait till you read Luke Harding's Collusion. Utterly damning. Devastating. -- Richard Dawkins

A book I devoured ... Luke Harding is one of the best reporters in the world ... [Collusion is] the definitive book on relations between Putin and Trump. -- Robert Saviano --This text refers to the paperback edition.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Putin has got the dirt on TRump.
You wonder what he’s also collected on Johnson. The notorious bunga bunga party thrown by his Russian friend in a converted castle in Italy, that Johnson as Britain’s Foreign Secretary had to drop his security detail for, in order to fly out in only the suit, underwear and socks he stood up in. He was seen arriving back into the U.K.,next day totally pissed wearing the same clothes.

Putin has got the dirt on TRump.

I don't doubt it, but I'm not sure what that has to do with Brexit.

There's the intimation that Brexit happened because of Russian sponsorship. Whilst I don't doubt that Putin would be delighted at any destabilising of Western alliances, and the fact that he clearly resents the EU's eastward influence (one of the most immediate reasons for the annexation of Crimea and the Russian backed instability in Eastern Ukraine), what I'm asking for is evidence not only of direct Russian sponsorship of Brexit, but of its effect on the result of the referendum.

Such is the emotional investment by voters for now anyway. Still sad to see so many content to be "entertained" by such a complete lack of substance.

Deflection, distraction and omission of anything that might actually look like reality. Any opposition leader would have been totally eviscerated for such a content free pile of nonsense. Instead, we see media sycophancy on an industrial scale. Let's see who, apart from the media owners and donors he has protected and shovelled billions of public money into, are still laughing next year.

How times change and the weather vane with them. You would be forgiven outside of London for not realising where Johnson was before there were more votes in bashing business and immigrants.

https://metro.co.uk/2013/04/08/bori...t-on-jobs-to-hard-working-immigrants-3587183/
He’s a windsock. He doesn’t manage events, he rides on the back of events looking for personal opportunity. That policy-free word salad he served up to the party faithful this week was beyond satire and it was spotted. Described by one of the party’s normal admirers, the right wing think tank, The Adam Smith Institute, as “vacuous and economically illiterate”.
So who will come for him first, the public he’s screwed economically or the party’s financial backers?

You wonder what he’s also collected on Johnson.

He doesn't really need it. If you read the ISC report from 2020 (https://isc.independent.gov.uk/wp-c...6010-001_Russia-Report-v02-Web_Accessible.pdf) it basically says that London is full of Russian Oligarchs, many who are friends of Putin, have made friends in high places in the UK. For a PM who can be a bit 'light touch', it makes it very easy for those oligarchs to influence the UK's direction without ever having to go near him

[EDIT]

In the same report it mentions a credible view that there was interference in the Scottish Independence Referendum in 2014. I suspect that will be ratcheting up again - expect to see Sputnik News re-establishing its office in Edinburgh (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-37036900)

Last edited:
Mine didn’t either, but obviously it’s another irrelevant point.

Not really.

Scenario 1, as promised: vote Leave and the current PM will work with MPs from all parties to achieve as trouble-free an exit from the EU as possible.

Scenario 2, the reality: vote Leave and the current PM will resign in a huff, to be followed firstly by an incompetent woman who has no control over her party and then calls an unnecessary General Election which further divides the country, and secondly by a chancer with the attention span of a gnat with ADHD. The Leave process is then run by hardline Brexiteers who are unable or unwilling to negotiate.

I don't doubt it, but I'm not sure what that has to do with Brexit.

There's the intimation that Brexit happened because of Russian sponsorship. Whilst I don't doubt that Putin would be delighted at any destabilising of Western alliances, and the fact that he clearly resents the EU's eastward influence (one of the most immediate reasons for the annexation of Crimea and the Russian backed instability in Eastern Ukraine), what I'm asking for is evidence not only of direct Russian sponsorship of Brexit, but of its effect on the result of the referendum.

Are you a supporter of Putin's annexation of Crimea?

You two really ought to read this and as the FT puts it, why no inquiry?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0849XYYF7/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

some reviews:

“If you doubt that hostile foreign powers were happy to assist Britain into decline, I recommend Shadow State … dazzling and meticulous.” -- Nick Cohen ― Observer

Necessary ... [Harding] knows his snow on their boots. He was effectively expelled from Russia in 2011 for the crime of getting under the Kremlin’s skin, something too many Moscow correspondents fail to do … Shadow State reads like a thriller, but he hasn’t made it up. -- Guardian ― John Sweeney

Shadow State raises fresh questions about the way the UK government has handled claims of Kremlin interference in Britain’s democratic processes -- David Bond ― Financial Times

“An impassioned indictment of the Kremlin … detailed and compelling … wide-ranging and well-researched.” -- Daniel Beer ― Guardian ‘Book of the Day’

“Harding’s book poses a fearful dilemma … excellent.” -- Stuart Kelly ― Scotsman

"Shadow State reads like a thriller and abounds with spies, dubious businessmen, politicians and crooks in various exotic settings." -- Judith Devlin ― Irish Times

“Putin, an intelligence officer in East Germany in the 1980s, turned himself into today’s Tsar by means of kleptomania and a reassertion of the military power and techniques of international destabilisation inherited from the Soviet Union. It is brilliantly described in Luke Harding’s new book Shadow State.” -- Andrew Adonis ― New European

[Collusion is] a superb piece of work, wonderfully done and essential reading for anyone who cares for his country. Amazing research and brilliantly collated. -- John Le Carré

Extraordinarily pacy ... [Collusion is] one of the best political thrillers I have come across in years -- Robert Fox ― Evening Standard

Collusion is so essential and ... I wish everyone who is skeptical that Russia has leverage over Trump would read it ... Invaluable. ― The New York Times

If you thought Michael Wolff's book was dynamite, just wait till you read Luke Harding's Collusion. Utterly damning. Devastating. -- Richard Dawkins

A book I devoured ... Luke Harding is one of the best reporters in the world ... [Collusion is] the definitive book on relations between Putin and Trump. -- Robert Saviano --This text refers to the paperback edition.
Blimey! What a diatribe. Love the ‘assist Britain into decline’ bit. Straight from the anti democratic, hard remainer handbook.

Regarding your obsession with Putin. My understanding is you are not in the UK yet you support ignoring the wishes of the UK electorate. In other words, you would be in favour of interfering in the democratic process of the UK by remaining in the EU despite a majority vote to leave.

How about the point I put to you about the next GE? Should the result be ignored if you don’t happen to like it and someone babbles on about foreign interference?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back