advertisement

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

8.30 am tomorrow the removal lorry and trailer will be here.

I'm convinced it won't all fit , Going up on Wednesday , Internet should be working on 7th , I'm trying to be a glass half full person but struggling :confused:

Excellent news, Congratulations on your new home, it looks like a space with great potential, good luck with the moving!

Excellent news, Congratulations on your new home, it looks like a space with great potential, good luck with the moving!

I / They will need it , They as in the removal men :D
Weeks of chucking out , sorting out , Packing has worn me out , Then I need to unpack it all , DOH ! :(

I know the 'it won't all fit' feeling. When my (now) wife and I moved into a cottage together we moved from my 3 bed flat first. That completely filled the cottage. The next day her van(s) turned up from storage from what had been her large 4 bed semi. Oops. A lot of stuff went in the garage and a lot it went straight to auction. Now 30 years later, and in another much larger house, we still have regrets over some of the items that were sent away!

I / They will need it , They as in the removal men :D
Weeks of chucking out , sorting out , Packing has worn me out , Then I need to unpack it all , DOH ! :(

I know exactly how you feel, we moved just over a month ago to a temporary rental after selling our house, from 5 bed , 3 reception detatched to a 3 bed 2 reception and a kitchen about a 1/4 of the size of the previous. We have two rooms crammed full of stuff we don't need or use, like 4 extra beds, furniture, etc
I hired a Luton van packed everything and moved everything myself with the help of son, never again, next time it will be a removal company.

Glad to hear it's all working out and I hope you have many happy years in your new home.
Keep the kettle, tea, coffee, mugs and biscuits handy and the removers will be happy.
We moved in April 19 into rented for six months and then out of there into the house we bought. I still have a handful of boxes that I can't find cupboard space to unpack into. The second bedroom and large garage at the rental were store rooms but my fastidious packing and labelling meant that I could find anything I needed but sometimes it meant moving 20 boxes to find the one I wanted...

Never mind the tea- beer will do. When we moved to our current residence there was some mayhem. We are in a town centre location, fairly narrow street and double yellows all the way. We had two full pantechnicons and several smaller vans to move in with. Took nine hours with the street partially blocked. Many items had to be hauled up and down the restricted stairs, we are on 4 floors, so things took time. We even had to take a window out to get some items in... and even then they could not get to their final destination. To this day, 17 years later, there is a large 4 seater sofa in our bedroom that was meant to go further to an upstairs drawing room - but would not navigate the door ways once it came through the window. So it remains at the foot of our bed. Pub nearby did a good trade as I bought the lads pints to keep them going!

Well its nearly done , Removal lorry full , 20ft trailer full , And at 7am a maxi mover van will be here to collect the rest , How on earth have I ended up with so much stuff :(

Tonight will be my first night in the new home , Next the daunting task of unpacking :eek:

[QUOTE="Darren L, post:
I hired a Luton van packed everything and moved everything myself with the help of son, never again, next time it will be a removal company.[/QUOTE]

I did exactly the same for our last house move. It was only 5 miles between the two houses. We started at 05.00 and finished at 23.00. I was adamant I wouldn’t ever move again!! Mellowed a bit now but removal company next time for sure.

Cheers BB

We had some boxes still untouched after 12 years of being here.....

We've got boxes up the loft that haven't been opened in the 25 years since we moved into this house, and probably were just moved un-opened from the last house to this one. We've got an ongoing but slow process to review what's in the loft and chuck anything we don't need out, in preparation for retiring to a much smaller house. Not a fun job.

[QUOTE="Darren L, post:
I hired a Luton van packed everything and moved everything myself with the help of son, never again, next time it will be a removal company.

I did exactly the same for our last house move. It was only 5 miles between the two houses. We started at 05.00 and finished at 23.00. I was adamant I wouldn’t ever move again!! Mellowed a bit now but removal company next time for sure.

Cheers BB[/QUOTE]

Similar reasons here, only 5 miles between the two houses , that and the fact it's only a temporary rental, definitely a removal the next time.

Getting rid of 'stuff' is really really hard. You always feel better when you have done a load - but it is hard mental work deciding if something should stay because 'one day' or 'memories' or 'just in case' or ' maybe when we have grandchildren' or 'wonder if the kids will want it' thoughts.

advertisement

Back