advertisement

Social media crash

I do hope the outage didn`t further delay the MDAC/FDAC developments, since I gather they are Chronicled on facebook now.

My 21 and 23yr old girls make virtually no use of FB. The 21 yr old twins (uni students) are on snapchat pretty much continuously and Instagram very frequently (multiple times per day). The 23 yr old (full time working) has much less interest in stuff, esp Snapchat, but does use Insta a bit.

Boys are different again - neither of the boyfriends in their lives at present makes much use of social media - they have it, but their phone screens are not surgically glued to their eyeballs.

If I wish to message any of the girls, Whatsapp family group or text message gets a quick response.

Yup, this is spot on. My daughter does use fb for her business but even then it is only there for completeness, most work publicity is via other platforms and her sellers shop on etsy. My son (at uni) mostly uses various reddit pages and talks/types live on discord servers around various activities and games.

Whatsapp is the family communication channel including phone calls.

Most people have an account once into their teens, but they just don’t appear to use it.

Yes. I remember when I signed up, it must been 1975... Or was it 1976? Sorry, couldn't help such an easy bait ;)

Actually, I recently leafed through an old electronics mag, from 1978, where some people in the micro computer movement (Americans) predicts that in the future every person will have a computer and all will be connected and interchange information with each other. Reading it then I probably didn't understand what it meant or, possibly, just dismissed it as complete bollocks!

advertisement

Back