advertisement

Speker terminals on Linn Knekt

Been using one here for a while drives a lot of speakers with ease and does sound much better with the ribbon cable disconected as mentioned in above post and works fine, i did think about fitting some standard spk terminals and throwing the top board away which i may still do if no takers as it is a good sounding amp for small to medium rooms, and i prefare to 306. its possible yours has a fault it should switch on and off as normal with board removed

Been using one here for a while drives a lot of speakers with ease and does sound much better with the ribbon cable disconected as mentioned in above post and works fine, i did think about fitting some standard spk terminals and throwing the top board away which i may still do if no takers as it is a good sounding amp for small to medium rooms, and i prefare to 306. its possible yours has a fault it should switch on and off as normal with board removed
Yes, that’s what I’d expect, the boards inside are identical to the Direktor (a room amp in an LK chassis with an RCU), in fact the receiver board is essentially the same board as used in the standalone receiver (minus some filter caps) and the “Sneaky” board used in the Majik and Wakonda. Come to think of it, I gave a room amp to my cousin to put in the attic above his bathroom with a Bluetooth receiver (driving some KEF ceiling speakers), he disconnected the board and it works.

I’m wondering if the OP has unwittingly disconnected the power header from the main board instead?

advertisement

Back