advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
As normal went to the Liverpool match Sunday , this was a really good game of football with some great goals to watch . Liverpool were poor in the first half and then made amends with a great second half attacking performance . Millie as expected was lucky to stay on the pitch but as has been said sometimes pressure gets to officials and they take the easy no decision way out.

Jesus committed a high number of niggly cynical fouls and got away without a booking , every time Liverpool got a free kick a city player would either pick up the ball and walk away with it to prevent the free kick or just kick the ball away this was constant the whole game . First time a Liverpool player did it (Fab) four City players crowded the Ref and were asking for him to be booked not nice and not what I want to see but others seem to just ignore it .

Pep and Klopp were both happy that it was such a good game of football and in the end both accepted that the draw was the correct result . As officials at the game never come out and explain any decision it is no use moaning about it just because it happened to your team . Most fans would really like to see some sort of explanation of key decisions after every game if only to understand the thinking of the official in each case and not to take them to task for getting things wrong . We are all human and we will make errors and sometimes we all just have to live with that . It does help though if there is some thought process about why a certain decision was amde even if we do not agree with it .

De bruyne’s goal was a lucky deflection, looked like Alisson had it well covered. Great game despite Liverpool only turning up after half time. Milner was lucky to stay on the pitch but I’ve seen City get the benefit of dubious decisions too so the whingeing is a bit much .

Come on, man: there's only so much red tint that glasses can take.

Come on, man: there's only so much red tint that glasses can take.
Only saw the MOTD highlights but it looked like Liverpool were lucky to escape with a draw and keep 11 players on the pitch. Now we know why Liverpool missed having the 'fans' more than ANY other team, it's because they know the referees will bottle the big decisions against when faced with 60000 angry Liverpool fans.

Lucky, lucky Liverpool. Half decent Salah goal tho.

Because I am older than Father Christmas I can remember Billy Wright former England captain, married to Joy Beverley of the famous/crap Beverley sisters a little bit saintly and not as good as the number of caps he received during the era of Walter Winterbottom and England selectors when laughingly we still thought we were the best in the world.

Anyway he went from a player who would not hurt a blade of grass to a player who tarnished his reputation with the number of fouls he committed at the end of his career.

James Milner has been a wonderful footballer for various clubs including while at Liverpool, he is now starting to damage his reputation and needs to be told by his manager and supporters to bring down the curtain even though he still has reasonable ability.

51550446521_ccef569920_o.jpg

Handball?

Clearly Milner should have seen a second yellow but it tickles me that some on here have soon forgotten the Walker red card/pen decision last week against Southampton... grow up please.

Clearly Milner should have seen a second yellow but it tickles me that some on here have soon forgotten the Walker red card/pen decision last week against Southampton... grow up please.

I see absolutely no comparison between the incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back