advertisement

Walrus Systems..anyone know where Les and Pete(?) ended up?

nmtjb

pfm Member
Dug out my old Vaessens Micro boxes and thinking of the few good times I visited the Quebec Street shop. They knew their stuff and opened my eyes and ears to valves, high end TT’s and the like. Would be interested to know where their careers led them.

Purchased a DVX20 which they installed and setup on my Rega 25 as already mentioned real experts and helpful,good and diverse range of products.

Dunno. Bought my turntable and a Rondo Bronze from there about 15 years ago, last popped in 2010 or so and it had been given a major tidy up, then I heard it had closed.

Great shop. Didn't Les write a food blog or something?

For a while Pete was working in KJ Westone after Walrus closed. No idea about Les though I recall he was a bit of a foodie so perhaps he went down a different path away from audio.
I bought a few things from Walrus back in the day. The shop was a treasure trove of exotic stuff. I thought they were good guys.

Yes, good guys. A pity they don't appear to have continued in the hi-fi business, especially with the subsequent rise in vinyl's popularity.

My favourite shop when I was living in London, I bought quite a few things from them and they were always incredibly helpful. I think increasing rents and the redevelopment of the street they were based in put paid to their economic viability, unfortunately. London is increasingly a wasteland for small independents of all kinds.

advertisement

Back