advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milner’s tackle was completely fair :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
Pep’s reaction was hilarious. :D

Draw was a good result for both sides I think. City are a really good team and are favourites to win the Prem this year.

Let’s not get carried away, the referee made a mistake, it happens. No need for retribution or humiliation on said official.

Retribution, no, but officials should be asked to explain such clear and obvious errors. As I said earlier, this was blatant.

I also don't want to detract from this being an excellent game of football, lit up by the best goal for years from Salah, and sublime performances from Foden and Bernardo.

Clearly Milner was a lucky boy and I suspect the ref bottled it - still I thought Henderson committed the foul (I watch on my small phone) and pushed Silva who went over Milner’s outstretched leg - if that’s a trip then clearly a yellow - city were much better Team first half by far but didn’t create a great deal - the reds edged the second and probably should have won, poor miss by Fabinho and KDB shot would likely have been saved if not deflected - is rather we be talking about wonder goals by Salah and Foden

Milner is a liability at right back, he should have been sent off. But what a great game of football and Salah’s goal well….wow!

“Milner should have received a second yellow but didn't. Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola suggested in his post-match interview that he wasn't surprised by the referee's decision, after all it was Anfield. It's true and it used to happen in my day and it's time it stopped.”

Well said Garth Crooks.

I watched most of Brighton v Arsenal yesterday. I am FAR from a football expert, but both teams looked a little . . . flat.

If anyone else watched, is that a fair assessment? And if not, please teach me.

Tactical fouls should certainly see yellow cards. Fouling to shut down breakaways in dangerous positions is cynical and anti-football. Good job City never do such a thing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

De bruyne’s goal was a lucky deflection, looked like Alisson had it well covered. Great game despite Liverpool only turning up after half time. Milner was lucky to stay on the pitch but I’ve seen City get the benefit of dubious decisions too so the whingeing is a bit much .

De bruyne’s goal was a lucky deflection, looked like Alisson had it well covered. Great game despite Liverpool only turning up after half time. Milner was lucky to stay on the pitch but I’ve seen City get the benefit of dubious decisions too so the whingeing is a bit much .

Very much this ^

Christ we lost VVD for a full season after Pitchforks clear red card dangerous play so not sure where the Ciy fans get their victimhood from.

I watched most of Brighton v Arsenal yesterday. I am FAR from a football expert, but both teams looked a little . . . flat.

Firstly, the weather conditions were atrocious. In days gone by they would probably just resorted to lumping the ball upfield.

They both tried to play football though ultimately both defences were on top with high pressing being executed especially well by the Seagulls. It was our 3rd clean sheet in 7 games and Arsenal were well marshalled by White. Not surprising that there weren't many good chances.

Overall I enjoyed the game but it was ultimately frustrating dropping 2 points against a mid table side, albeit one that had won their previous three games.

Also note that we were missing 4 likely starters; Lamptey, Webster, Welbeck and, in particular, Bissouma who has been our stand out player this season.

Now that the natural order has been restored at the top of the table, it’s nice to see the also rans squabbling over what might’ve been!
The title is yours to lose now. I can’t see the likes of City or Liverpool getting anywhere near your team this season when the best they can do against each other is a draw in a low quality match. If Chelsea don’t retain the Champions League and only win the title by a few points it would have go down as a very disappointing season.

The title is yours to lose now. I can’t see the likes of City or Liverpool getting anywhere near your team this season when the best they can do against each other is a draw in a low quality match. If Chelsea don’t retain the Champions League and only win the title by a few points it would have go down as a very disappointing season.

bc7.png

Now that the natural order has been restored at the top of the table, it’s nice to see the also rans squabbling over what might’ve been!
To be top at this early stage having already visited Liverpool, Spurs & Arsenal as well as losing at home to City is indeed a welcome sight.
As always consistency will be the key to who reigns supreme come the end of the season.

Conditions were not good, Brighton were dominant and very wasteful, Arsenal have one outstanding player (Smith Rowe) and a couple who you would not want to spend your green shield stamps on (Odegard sp and Party) others would shame the teams of yesteryear

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back