advertisement

Got any petrol or diesel?

No diesel at the ESSO garage but plenty of unleaded/super unleaded this evening. Tried Sainsbury’s and they had both but only half the pumps working. Popped another £35 in but there wasn’t any limit and I’m not quite full but have more than enough for the week ahead so better to leave some for someone else.

Filled up Mrs Seeker's car at a local Asda. No queues, no limit on what we could buy.

XVpREpj.jpg

The supermarkets don’t seem to be capping.. Sainsbury’s here has a big queue, but allow you to fill your tank.. no other stations have much and what they do have they limit you to £30 and run out quickly..

Maybe the big supermarkets are getting priority from the logistics firms??

We are planning to drive to the UK for Christmas to visit the family. Was thinking to take the diesel car but now maybe we will take the electric car instead. But what if there are power cuts? Hmm, decisions, decisions.

on second thoughts maybe we should pay for the whole family to come and visit us in CH instead. We have the space and at least there will be enough food for everyone. Yes, i think i will suggest that.

It seems to be very extreme; I drive past several petrol stations on my way to and from work, none say they have fuel - pumps coned off or with tape around them. Driving past my local Asda later this evening there was fuel and I was straight on to the pump, didn't even queue. No limit either, I topped up like I normally would and no drama at all.

Keep this to yourselves but, Stanlow oil refinery staff have voted for industrial action. It would appear that the owners owe the staff money as well as HMCR that £240 odd Million in VAT

"Unite regional co-ordinating officer Mick Chalmers said: “Our members play a critical role in keeping the economy moving and deserve fair pay, bonuses and pensions for the vital role they play.

“Our members cannot and will not accept any attacks to their terms and conditions after working tirelessly through a global pandemic....."
The drama of it. Many of us 'worked tirelessly' through the pandemic.

^^Nah, just embracing the principles of value-based pricing in a market economy…

“We owe it to our stakeholders to capture a fair share of the economic value created”

The timing could be seen as a bit cynical.
These refinery workers are not alone in facing removal of their terms and conditions let alone the company trying to renege on agreed pay rises. The company I work for is trying to do the same to us.

"The timing could be seen as a bit cynical" indeed...

The supermarkets don’t seem to be capping.. Sainsbury’s here has a big queue, but allow you to fill your tank.. no other stations have much and what they do have they limit you to £30 and run out quickly..

Maybe the big supermarkets are getting priority from the logistics firms??
Sounds similar to here. A small station I drove past at 06:45 this morning had no fuel (and had had none yesterday) but a large town-centre Sainsbury's a few hundred metres away had fuel. In this case there was just a small queue (under 5 minutes) and also no limit. I can now contemplate a particular shopping trip I have been putting off that will take about 50 miles round trip.

I have noticed that people are driving slower on motorways. I’m usually one of the slowest at around 62mph. But the other day I was overtaking a lot of cars.

We are planning to drive to the UK for Christmas to visit the family. Was thinking to take the diesel car but now maybe we will take the electric car instead. But what if there are power cuts? Hmm, decisions, decisions.

on second thoughts maybe we should pay for the whole family to come and visit us in CH instead. We have the space and at least there will be enough food for everyone. Yes, i think i will suggest that.

No, no, no .... the food shortages are global according to Sunak.... yep they've started to play the 'it's really a global issue and nothing to do with us' card already.

"Unite regional co-ordinating officer Mick Chalmers said: “Our members play a critical role in keeping the economy moving and deserve fair pay, bonuses and pensions for the vital role they play.

“Our members cannot and will not accept any attacks to their terms and conditions after working tirelessly through a global pandemic....."
The drama of it. Many of us 'worked tirelessly' through the pandemic.

Yes and so did I, but why does that mean anyone shouldn't have fair pay and conditions?

My wife got petrol yesterday, she had to queue for 40 minutes & had to pay £1.48. My Daughter got fuel too, but was limited to £30. I have a 90 mile round trip to do today & I hope that I can fill up somewhere along the way.

advertisement

Back