advertisement

Challenge plain-clothes officers, Met Police says

If Johnson had any balls or any idea of what is going on he would get rid of Police Commissioner Philip Allott.
I'm not holding my breath.
And as for 'Levelling Up'.

Is it not the case that no matter what measures are put in place, you'll always get wrong uns in every walk of life? Irradiating it completely is about as realistic as aiming for zero covid.
Probably, but surely we must look at the measures and the application of them in cases like this, and we are aiming to get COVID as near to zero as possible I hope.

I think rather than direct measures to do with stopping/arresting, there needs to be a push for other coppers to not fear shopping a colleague if they feel they're dodgy, get rid of this closed ranks bullshit.

Yes - this closed ranks bullshit is exactly the problem.

The Daniel Morgan report concluded in June that the Metropolitan Police is (not was, is) institutionally corrupt.

What is disturbing about Couzens (known as the rapist, apparently) is that he was twice accused of a sexual offence and that he and other Officers were in a Whatsapp group that was openly misogynistic.

I have raised all of these points in this thread.

The police aren't there for you and me - that's the big con.

It’s not lost on me that you take issue with sweeping comments elsewhere on pfm, but make such a comment on here?

This issue is around how does modern policing vet, and weed out, the individuals that are subverting what is in some instances already a very brittle confidence in policing.

The problem is that criminals of the type of the convicted cop are devious, callous and calculating.

In a simplistic way, I’d actually proffer that it’s not in many cases that anyone knows anyone 100%.

They’re completely unaccountable from below, and neither the government or the opposition are going to hold them to account because well, where will it end, once you start sacking senior people for overseeing institutionally corrupt, racist, violent organisations? There’s not much that’s new about any of this except the brazenness, and the fact that people are starting to see the situation for what it is.

I've had dealings with the Police and in every case they have looked after me and my family.

Lucky you. Sadly I've be let down on more than one occasion some of which was malicious intent. A successful prosecution through the IPCC put an end to their career and gave them a criminal record.

Lucky you. Sadly I've be let down on more than one occasion some of which was malicious intent. A successful prosecution through the IPCC put an end to their career and gave them a criminal record.
Luck was not a factor in my dealings with the Police.

advertisement

Back