advertisement

Complete Quad 6-series stack

Is it really?

I’d say so, yes. If they sold the components individually chances are they’d make more. All are desirable. Would be shame to break up a set though. I’ve never heard any of it myself, but the 606-2 and CD player are very well regarded, as is the preamp, I’ve read many suggest it is a better sounding unit than the 34 with a better phono stage, and whilst arguably less desirable these days thanks to streaming the tuner is going to be really nice and is very seldom seen. Add to that the system remote and it’s not a bad deal. I’ve not gone through the pictures or description with a fine tooth comb, e.g. no idea if its boxed, ever been Quad serviced (both add value), but it doesn’t look bad. The 606-2 is basically a UK-made 909, so a nice chunky current dumping power amp.

Ok fair enough. I figured the power/pre at around 650.00-700.00; nobody wants a tuner these days (don't include myself there), which leaves a cd player when everyone's streaming (what's that?!). Maybe for collectors rather than practical usage?

Many of us aren’t streaming and have no intention of doing so. Vinyl and CD all the way here, with a quick check on YouTube to decide what to buy!

Hot on the heals of that lot, here's a complete 77 / 707 system in great nick: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16509503...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Don't agree with the sellers assertion about never having been opened or used before as the 707 has signs of dust and use plus it's all clearly in boxes from the later 99 & QSP series, but still looks to be in excellent condition and the starting price is very low. Wonder what they'll go for.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back