advertisement

Got any petrol or diesel?

I picked up some parts from my Audi dealership this afternoon and was chatting to the service manager..turns out that a couple people did test drives this morning and siphoned the fuel out...the courtesy cars out over the weekend also came back with irrationally less fuel compared to the mileage done than they went out with, lol.

Saw a petrol tanker on the A27 yesterday. I could have sworn there was a tail of around 10 cars following it…..

A tanker was replenishing the filling station on the A14 at Spaldwick. The amount cars sat parked up waiting for the pumps to open were like flies around a cows arse.

Screenshot-2021-09-27-at-10-23-30-David-Flatman-on-Twitter.png

My thoughts also. When government has, for decades, dismissed the concept of 'society', it's no great surprise when that turns around and bites us on the arse.

The trouble is that everyone sees their own needs as paramount. I'll bet there's not many people saying 'I'm not filling up for the time being. I'll leave the fuel for those who really need it'.

Went to Tesco early this morning (for groceries) noticed there didn`t seem much of a queue for petrol, then noticed that actually the queue had been turned round to come from the opposite direction - stretched for as far as I could see.

When I came out of the supermarket 20 minutes later, all gone and the filling station closed up. I`m lucky, the tank is more than half full and I only need to go out once or twice a week to shop - at a pinch I could use the Sainsbury Local just up the road and not use the car at all, I`m not going to queue.

Remember my story about the Rolls Royce driver being abused in Chelsea?

It gets worse - An ambulance crew was verbally abused pretty violently for jumping the Queue in Farnham this morning by a twat in a Jag.

Some people?!!!

I have to go and see my mother in Dorset sometime this week, my father died recently and she needs help as she won’t drive yet.. need to go and pickup his ashes.. currently not enough fuel in the car as I haven’t followed the sheep and rushed out… fingers crossed I can go get some soon..
Very sorry to hear that.:(

The trouble is that everyone sees their own needs as paramount. I'll bet there's not many people saying 'I'm not filling up for the time being. I'll leave the fuel for those who really need it'.
Well I’m disabled, and poorly, I need my car to get anywhere beyond the bounds of my driveway right now because I can’t walk without sticks, and I don’t have the energy to walk any distance at all on them… I last filled up Wednesday, I’ve just over half a tank left, I’m trying to hold off journeys and be efficient with them (combine as much into one trip as a feasibly can) and I’ll just hope I can fill up when I need to. I’d normally of used more fuel by this point in the week, I’ve told people who want lifts to places they can walk that I can’t do it, partly because I’m unwell anyway, and partly because I don’t know when I’m going to be able to fill up. I’m supposed to be working away next weekend… we’ll see how that goes.

MjsJSHm.jpg

Out for a drive today while up north for the week, just left Alston and popped into the Texaco garage. £40 maximum per customer, although red diesel users can obviously take what they need. That’s the car’s tank almost full, so at 60mpg we should have enough to get home with fuel to spare.
A lovely, friendly bunch of people on the forecourt and in the shop. Such a refreshing change.

Well I’m disabled, and poorly, I need my car to get anywhere beyond the bounds of my driveway right now because I can’t walk without sticks, and I don’t have the energy to walk any distance at all on them… I last filled up Wednesday, I’ve just over half a tank left, I’m trying to hold off journeys and be efficient with them (combine as much into one trip as a feasibly can) and I’ll just hope I can fill up when I need to.

MjsJSHm.jpg

Off topic I know but that style of dash is a model of clarity.

Out for a drive today while up north for the week, just left Alston and popped into the Texaco garage. £40 maximum per customer, although red diesel users can obviously take what they need. That’s the car’s tank almost full, so at 60mpg we should have enough to get home with fuel to spare.
A lovely, friendly bunch of people on the forecourt and in the shop. Such a refreshing change.
Enjoy your break!

My parent’s went away with their touring caravan yesterday after a horrendous few days, a car driven by a total moron drove first into the near side of their neighbour’s car at about 40mph whilst playing with her phone (in a 30, approaching traffic lights), then speared off through their car, off the end of the drive and into the house… my dad had a full tank of fuel in his Mercedes E class… managed to get a Land Rover Discovery with a tow bar as a courtesy car, which was supposed to have a full tank but was empty. He felt really guilty about filling it up for a holiday, but they’ve been through enough, they need it.

My brother is overseeing the repairs to the house and driveway whilst they are away.

advertisement

Back