advertisement

Got any petrol or diesel?

It's a good job that the UK's most widely read news website isn't stoking up fresh panic just in time for Monday morning.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
“BORIS SET TO CALL IN THE ARMY”

YsFCYiw.jpg

Campbeltown you say? I know the place, it once had a reputation for, ahem, altercations , back when the NATO refuelling jetty was used by visiting navies and RAF Strike Command was at Macrihanish . Does she give you a regular kicking?
Yes, but I've grown to enjoy it.

I passed three petrol stations on the way home from work at 7pm with no queues at all. Crises don’t seem to exist when folk would rather be at home with their feet up.

If only.

i set out at 6:00 yesterday morning around South London. Drove into a few short queues for empties before finding longer ones that turned it be diesel only. The one petrol queue I did find ended when they ran out of unleaded with me two cars from the pump.

Left the car with my bother and bought train tickets home.

Seems that the situation is as bad here in Newcastle, Fortunately we live on a Metro line so won’t have to hire a car this week.

I am struggling to see how anyone can set off on a long car journey in these circumstances.

I shall have to start using these skinny, hairless things dangling from my hips at this rate!

Fuel delivery drivers have to have additional certification (ADR?). There are no fewer ADR certified drivers now than there were last week, the week before, the month before. The shortage at the pumps is from prats panic buying in response to irresponsible media reports.

Saw a petrol tanker on the A27 yesterday. I could have sworn there was a tail of around 10 cars following it…..

A tanker was replenishing the filling station on the A14 at Spaldwick. The amount cars sat parked up waiting for the pumps to open were like flies around a cows arse.

Saw a petrol tanker on the A27 yesterday. I could have sworn there was a tail of around 10 cars following it…..

They’ll all be pretty fed up if he was heading home after his shift:p!

I’m fortunate in that I don’t have to be anywhere so the bike can stay in the garage. It was running on empty on Friday so I joined a queue at a local petrol station, maybe three deep at each pump.

I’ll get the bus for my grocery trip this week providing any fuel shortages don’t hit the bus companies.

“Don’t panic Mr Mainwaring, don’t panic”

Well done, UK media.
It was like that round here on Saturday, I was really poorly (still recovering from a severe chest infection), but had to go and work, had to oversee the rigging of a PA and lighting rig for a charity fundraiser, I had no choice, had I not gone, the event wouldn’t have gone ahead, but I really was too poorly… the journey should’ve taken 10 minutes either way but took closer to an hour. I switched my engine off whilst stationary, most didn’t, so they were wasting fuel and causing unnecessary pollution whilst waiting to buy fuel that they most likely didn’t actually need to buy.

I have a 250 mile round trip to do between Friday and Sunday for another event, hoping things have calmed down by then because I will genuinely need fuel.

No fuel to be seen at present in my part of rural Lincolnshire. I've had to abandon a trip to the NEC for a show that's been months in the planning. This situation just confirms what I've been going on about for many a year; the country is full of twats.

Remember my story about the Rolls Royce driver being abused in Chelsea?

It gets worse - An ambulance crew was verbally abused pretty violently for jumping the Queue in Farnham this morning by a twat in a Jag.

Some people?!!!

I have to go and see my mother in Dorset sometime this week, my father died recently and she needs help as she won’t drive yet.. need to go and pickup his ashes.. currently not enough fuel in the car as I haven’t followed the sheep and rushed out… fingers crossed I can go get some soon..

It's basic human instinct. If there is going to be a shortage of anything then people will stock up so they don't run out. There will be those who may be able to resist doing so but once the panic buying starts then you will end up with nothing unless you participate.

I have to go and see my mother in Dorset sometime this week, my father died recently and she needs help as she won’t drive yet.. need to go and pickup his ashes.. currently not enough fuel in the car as I haven’t followed the sheep and rushed out… fingers crossed I can go get some soon..

sorry to read that. I hope you find some.

I’m going up to see my mum in Scotland, on Wednesday.
Managed to fill the tank yesterday, which is great, but slightly nervous that won’t get back south next week !!!!

I notice that they've wheeled out George Eustice for Operation Calm the Idiots.

Grant Shitt... Shapps hidden away and nowhere to be seen today. Says a lot about how the public view him. Probably he's busy driving around with the idiots looking for petrol.

advertisement

Back