advertisement

Auralic mini problem...advice needed

Nye Samuel

Herr Katze
I recently sold one on fleabay...as a streamer it worked perfectly...I never used it as a HDD to store music...but the new owner is having problems in this area and I am trying to avoid him returning to me....He has installed an HDD but not a SSD as recommended by Auralic.

Problem is: when he imports from his backup portable usb HDD it tries to do it but gets so far and freezes or appears to backup but not on the HDD.

Any suggestions on how to sort this problem out...Any advice would be much appreciated and I will pass it on to the new owner.

Thanks in advance....Nye :)

I cant imagine why he wouldn't have fitted an SSD tbh.

I told him that and recommended getting a Crucial SSD.. what I was recommended for my current Altair G1 and it works fine....Would a non SSD storage device cause the problem outlined?

When I talking to the support about my Mini', I was told it can only support an internal drive with 1000mA. If your buyers HDD needs more current, that might be the problem.

Be that as it may, I'd go for SSD any day of the week, albeit with the proviso that you should always back up your data.

Agree 100% about backing up the data and maybe a couple of backup copies.

Maybe the SSD's you buy now are better than a couple of years ago, progress in technology does move very fast these days.

advertisement

Back