advertisement

Coincidence?

Bloody hell.
Talked last night about selling up in France to my wife.
This morning log on and estate agents top and bottom!

For a while it has been various kinds of Porsches, which is definitely very pfm (although not me in the slightest.) But suddenly I've got this, and I really haven't a clue what it is or what it's for, unless it's some kind of truss.

51512740668_197298ea36.jpg

...ah, we've gone back to Porsches again now. I imagine it will be Rolexes soon.

...ah, we've gone back to Porsches again now. I imagine it will be Rolexes soon.

Or exclusive, very expensive HiFi.

The weirdest I've got was one where I, supposedly, should be very interested in something Benny Andersson (ABBA) said. Supposedly. Didn't dare click on it.

This has just popped up on my YouTube suggestions, our dog has done a lot of barking for a month or so now and just recently my wife had Googled ‘why does a dog bark’.

I take it none of you have got an Alexa or anything of the sort;)
Wouldn't give anything like it houseroom:mad:

Phones definitely listen to you. I have no doubt of this.

My most obvious example was we were on holiday in little village in Devon two years ago. Did a day trip with the kids to a theme park - one of the rides had a mobile elevated scissor platform next to it. Back in our digs that evening we were discussing our day and I commented to my Mrs that the ride must break down a lot to have a MEWP next to it.

Woke up the next morning and personalized adverts do you need to hire MEWP in tiny village that we were in

Phones definitely listen to you. I have no doubt of this.

My most obvious example was we were on holiday in little village in Devon two years ago. Did a day trip with the kids to a theme park - one of the rides had a mobile elevated scissor platform next to it. Back in our digs that evening we were discussing our day and I commented to my Mrs that the ride must break down a lot to have a MEWP next to it.

Woke up the next morning and personalized adverts do you need to hire MEWP in tiny village that we were in
If phones really were listening to conversations, you'd be getting A LOT more of this. Why would they go to all the trouble of building such a system, then use it only for really obscure things?

If phones really were listening to conversations, you'd be getting A LOT more of this. Why would they go to all the trouble of building such a system, then use it only for really obscure things?
You've missed my point I feel. I am getting very specific advertising for a lot more things.

This is just such a niche and very specific example, it was totally clear it was from being listened to.

Mewp hire is pricey and as an advertising stream has a high revenue (in a prev life I worked in advertising field), so it's not obscure... The company advertising the mewp would have been paying good money somewhere to be advertised. It's just nuts that your phone is listening and pushing specific advertising based upon what it's heard.

You've missed my point I feel. I am getting very specific advertising for a lot more things.

This is just such a niche and very specific example, it was totally clear it was from being listened to.

Mewp hire is pricey and as an advertising stream has a high revenue (in a prev life I worked in advertising field), so it's not obscure... The company advertising the mewp would have been paying good money somewhere to be advertised. It's just nuts that your phone is listening and pushing specific advertising based upon what it's heard.
You might want to read my post on the page before, and tell me the difference between this and your case ?

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/coincidence.259531/page-2#post-4476604

Since the ad mentioned the village, it was obviously geographically targeted there for some reason. Maybe that theme park uses them enough that such advertising seems worthwhile. You were there, and that, perhaps along with something else in your ad profile, was enough that you got targeted.

Not a coincidence IMO. Not even close. As for the first query. Not remotely like that example. No WiFi for a start. Just me and Mrs discussing, in cabin we'd rented. No one else. Next morning specific advert.

As for the second one. Mmm a random mewp advert in the tiny location we were, less than 12 hours after I'd been discussing this. I've never ever had a mewp advert (why would I, I've no need to hire one), so to get such a massive and specific cooincidence is very unlikely.

This is my last post on this topic, but I've experienced this multiple times with very specific things. It is absolutely definitive IMO that phones listen in and we get specific advertising off the back of it.

advertisement

Back