advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Every time he’s been handed a chance to take advantage, there’s been a mistake from Lewis or the team. I’m still backing Max for the title.

I think you are likely to be right and you know what... it wouldn't be a bad thing for the sport. I know it's fashionable to slag Max off in the UK, but aside from one or two over exuberances on the track this year he has been stellar and clearly has Lewis rattled. Maybe Lewis losing his crown this year would see him come back extra motivated next season... that might be worth it for all of us fans. I also think the 100th victory thing is playing on his mind... he mentioned it again yesterday saying he is chilled and it will come when it comes... but I sense that is not really the case.

Anyway today I would love to see Lando win the race... it would be sort of typical as McLaren haven't won for so long and then get two consecutive victories :D In fact any of the top three winning would be brilliant for the sport. Looking forward to it.

I think you are likely to be right and you know what... it wouldn't be a bad thing for the sport. I know it's fashionable to slag Max off in the UK, but aside from one or two over exuberances on the track this year he has been stellar and clearly has Lewis rattled. Maybe Lewis losing his crown this year would see him come back extra motivated next season... that might be worth it for all of us fans. I also think the 100th victory thing is playing on his mind... he mentioned it again yesterday saying he is chilled and it will come when it comes... but I sense that is not really the case.

Anyway today I would love to see Lando win the race... it would be sort of typical as McLaren haven't won for so long and then get two consecutive victories :D In fact any of the top three winning would be brilliant for the sport. Looking forward to it.

I doubt it's the 100th race win thing, most likely he was asked the question then the answer is reported as a statement without a prompt - standard journalism. He can't rattle Max mentally and he's been trying from early on in the season and gives the impression that Lewis is more worried than the other way round which I think is the case. Lewis has been really strong in the 2nd half of the season the last few years but I've not seeing this time, as said before, too many mistakes especially when Max or his team have screwed up.

Someone mentioned that maybe Lewis is still suffering from long COVID, who knows? These top athletes need to at 100%, lose a few and maybe that opens the door for the odd mistake here or there. It could just be that he's past his very best. Only Lewis and those closest to him will have the answer on that one.

I doubt it's the 100th race win thing, most likely he was asked the question then the answer is reported as a statement without a prompt - standard journalism. He can't rattle Max mentally and he's been trying from early on in the season and gives the impression that Lewis is more worried than the other way round which I think is the case. Lewis has been really strong in the 2nd half of the season the last few years but I've not seeing this time, as said before, too many mistakes especially when Max or his team have screwed up.

Someone mentioned that maybe Lewis is still suffering from long COVID, who knows? These top athletes need to at 100%, lose a few and maybe that opens the door for the odd mistake here or there. It could just be that he's past his very best. Only Lewis and those closest to him will have the answer on that one.

I don't really buy the long Covid thing, he was as sharp as a nail for the first few races (bar the off in the wet, but that can happen to anybody) and it's only when Max has started to be able to apply intense pressure he has started to exhibit 'weaknesses'. I'm a massive Lewis fan, but I do think he is not on top of his game right now for whatever reasons and it's a shame.

Maybe Lewis Hamilton has reached that age, or time, when other things in your life make working at the very top level a little more difficult or he has just lost his edge for the time being, similar to golfer Rory McIIroy who is currently going through a bad patch, but will maybe come good again.

If he has lost his edge I wonder once he gets his 100th win and possibly his 8th world title he might just call it a day, given how George Russell is performing, who knows what is in his new contract, maybe an option to quit after 2022 rather than 2023.

Only time will tell, I do however hope he gets the 100th win and 8th title this year, he has done a huge amount for the sport and maybe like many people has just got a bit tired of working in the same job for a long time.

Lewis is fine just under pressure & mistakes are happening.
He’s not perfect but not far off it.
I expect him to still win the race.
Max has been outstanding but he made a mistake last weekend & probably at silverstone.
Lando & George have been phenomenal.
Come on the brits!

I don't really buy the long Covid thing, he was as sharp as a nail for the first few races (bar the off in the wet, but that can happen to anybody) and it's only when Max has started to be able to apply intense pressure he has started to exhibit 'weaknesses'. I'm a massive Lewis fan, but I do think he is not on top of his game right now for whatever reasons and it's a shame.

Having had Covid, I can assure you, Covid does some long term damage. Maybe not 'Long Covid' in its entirety but if definitely affects many many things for a long time afterwards. It especially affects stress tolerance and perception which lingers and lingers and an unrelenting fatigue after exertion. Obviously Lewis being an ultra athlete, it dosent show as extreme as it does in a mere mortal like myself but there is definitely something in there that is affecting him. At this level, I imagine it may only take a drop in physical functioning of a single percent to lose the edge and for others to maintain their percent and overtake.

The interesting think I noticed with Covid recovery was that I felt ok for a few weeks after going through the worst of it in hospital, but then I began to get hit by elements of the illness in more minor forms afterward.

We only had to look at him at the podium at Hungary to show he was just not well, and I feel this has definitely continued for him and will be contributing to the situation.

7dad75572ee16f221c0d68038ad9ca2587c027b5.jpg

Having had Covid, I can assure you, Covid does some long term damage. Maybe not 'Long Covid' in its entirety but if definitely affects many many things for a long time afterwards. It especially affects stress tolerance and perception which lingers and lingers and an unrelenting fatigue after exertion. Obviously Lewis being an ultra athlete, it dosent show as extreme as it does in a mere mortal like myself but there is definitely something in there that is affecting him. At this level, I imagine it may only take a drop in physical functioning of a single percent to lose the edge and for others to maintain their percent and overtake.

We only had to look at him at the podium at Hungary to show he was just not well, and I feel this has definitely continued for him and will be contributing to the situation.

7dad75572ee16f221c0d68038ad9ca2587c027b5.jpg
I’m sure many people are feeling the after effects of covid but I don’t put his mistakes down to this personally.
Maybe if he came out and said he is really suffering we would know for sure.
Sorry to hear you are suffering mate.

I’m sure many people are feeling the after effects of covid but I don’t put his mistakes down to this personally.
Maybe if he came out and said he is really suffering we would know for sure.
Sorry to hear you are suffering mate.

Thanks dude.

I don't think his sponsors would want to hear anything like that if it's not seriously enough to prevent him from racing and the FIA may just remove him entirely if he says he is sick.

We may never know, but seeing him on the podium looking pretty much how I do on a daily basis made me wonder!

(Obviously age is even more a consideration post Covid so that could also be contributing)

Thanks dude.

I don't think his sponsors would want to hear anything like that if it's not seriously enough to prevent him from racing and the FIA may just remove him entirely if he says he is sick.

We may never know, but seeing him on the podium looking pretty much how I do on a daily basis made me wonder!

(Obviously age is even more a consideration post Covid so that could also be contributing)
Well if he is suffering post covid it just goes to show what a tremendous competitor he is.

Hamilton - Masterclass, made the right call and took his time, proper winner.

but driver of the day to Norris, proper legend in the making that one! Feel well sorry for him after a great drive, he deserved to have a fair fight at the end with Lewis but im sure it will happen again soon..

advertisement

Back