advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a reality check for Chelsea today - City looked stronger in all departments and probably should have won by a greater margin.
On the plus side I'll take 13 points from the opening 6 matches in view of who we've played.

Tuchel got his tactics wrong today, 3-5-2 didn’t work. The 5 were too deep and when we did get the ball, there was no one in front of them to pass to. Not helped by some woeful passing on the rare occasions we did get hold of the ball in midfield. Things looked much better when Havertz came on for Kante and we went 3-4-2-1, but it was too late.

City had at least one good chance in the second half.

Last edited:
This is still Chelsea’s title to lose.

We’re just taking it one game at a time…
After today, I’m not so sure. Man City were the better team today and Liverpool look to get stronger every game.

Chelsea still have questions, hopefully Tuchel will find some answers

After today, I’m not so sure. Man City were the better team today and Liverpool look to get stronger every game.

Chelsea still have questions, hopefully Tuchel will find some answers
We don't stand a chance of winning the title against a team who demolished us in the Champions League Final. We're still lacking a WC striker too. I'd be happy with 3rd place behind Chelsea and the mighty Reds who blasted 3 goals past Brentford today. We might even be lucky to finish 4th as Man Utd have some serious firepower and are full of goals now.

We don't stand a chance of winning the title against a team who demolished us in the Champions League Final. We're still lacking a WC striker too. I'd be happy with 3rd place behind Chelsea and the mighty Reds who blasted 3 goals past Brentford today. We might even be lucky to finish 4th as Man Utd have some serious firepower and are full of goals now.
I can see what you’re up to ;)

Hallam at Rainworth today. A small crowd of 80 made other plans after the Countrymen went three up after 12 minutes...

FAIgXBWXsAAnLZx

4-0 at FT, after a naughty free kick from Joshua Scully. Hallam up to third in NCEL1, thanks to this amazing run...

WWWWWWW (F38 A5)

Well played Brentford, The reds wasted far too many chances but sharing the spoils in a 6 goal thriller was deserved by the Bees I thought
Blimey I missed that as I went to a concert at The Phil after the Everton game, I’ll not fast-forward like usual on the MOTD recording.

Norwich, don’t look a ‘bad’ side but rarely look like winning a game. A record low number of points in an EPL system on the cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back