advertisement

Got any petrol or diesel?

Couldn't do my regular Saturday top-up as Wellingborough Morrisons was out and local Asda also. A bit of a queue at the BP so sacked it off. Hopefully there'll be a delivery anon and the panic will have been for nothing.

Only slightly annoying thing is it's Mrs Seeker's birthday next week and we were going to go to the coast for the day - looks like that might not happen.

Couldn't do my regular Saturday top-up as Wellingborough Morrisons was out and local Asda also. A bit of a queue at the BP so sacked it off. Hopefully there'll be a delivery anon and the panic will have been for nothing.

Only slightly annoying thing is it's Mrs Seeker's birthday next week and we were going to go to the coast for the day - looks like that might not happen.
Bummer. Maybe go by train, them no worries about a little drink.

I needed half a tank of diesel to ensure I could get to/from Andover at the beginning of the week from Wirral for work…. somewhat disappointed that the only place without queues (Texaco in Bromborough) and with diesel decided to up their price by 10p/litre - I won’t forget when this is over

When will the run on toilet rolls begin?
54608.jpeg

This is no way to run Walmington-on-Sea. The inevitable shocks, which platoon Transport Secretary Lance Corporal Jones is not equipped to foresee in a "just in time" fuel supply system, are met with "Don't Panic!", leaving Captain Mainwairing to exercise his leadership skills in rescuing the day from the clutches of his platoon. And Jones seems to have the platoon's Business Secretary job as well with "Don't Panic!" in response to shocks to the "just in time" gas supply system.

I'm in Felixstowe....a medium size town ... with the UKs biggest port ...it's got a beach....and lots of people come and go

So how many public petrol stations does this
Metropolis have ?

THREE

And there all out of petrol and diesel

Useful huh ?

My local garage raised their price from 131.9 to 149.9 what complete arseholes. Massive tailbacks even at that price. My daughter was on empty and couldn’t get any diesel to get to work. Fortunately her partner had filled up his car the day before so she was able to use his car and he will work from home. We wafted past in my wife’s electric car:)

Some short queues, some pumps dry but no problem filling up. The Ferrari behind me had to make do with 95 RON. This was Alderley Edge so the usual photos being taken by the masses….not of my car though!

FFS brexit, brexit and erm brexit. Get over yourselves, corporates and supermarkets have not invested in UK lorry drivers instead driving salaries down by employing cheap European labour, those drivers then reach a point they can earn more back in Europe then scarper because they owe the UK nothing. Bit don’t take my word for it, ask the driving industry.

Seems like only 48 hours ago that a quiet news report mentioned that a few BP stations had been closed due to issues with deliveries, swiftly followed by assurances that there was NO SHORTAGE OF FUEL. What bit of NO SHORTAGE OF FUEL do these ****wits not understand?

Meanwhile our esteemed Govt. 'Have plans'..'are reviewing the situation' etc...

Still.. it beats having to actually do anything..

First rule of "no shortage of..." Club is never say there's "no shortage of..."

If they said on the main evening news there was no national shortage of dog shit eaters then the streets would suddenly be full of idiot's gobbling it down like a piss head with a kebab.

FFS brexit, brexit and erm brexit. Get over yourselves, corporates and supermarkets have not invested in UK lorry drivers instead driving salaries down by employing cheap European labour, those drivers then reach a point they can earn more back in Europe then scarper because they owe the UK nothing. Bit don’t take my word for it, ask the driving industry.

yes you are right but what is the catalyst?

Br****.

advertisement

Back