advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my word. Work release for when we need you because domestic labour won't take insulting wages/conditions, and piss off home afterwards.

I doubt many drivers will be tempted to the UK if they do relax restrictions. There is also a shortage of drivers in the EU, so why would they pack in well paid European jobs to come to the UK, endure shit working conditions and xenophobic abuse, then be told to go home again when they are no longer wanted?

The driver shortage is set to stay for quite some time.

I doubt many drivers will be tempted to the UK if they do relax restrictions. There is also a shortage of drivers in the EU, so why would they pack in well paid European jobs to come to the UK, endure shit working conditions and xenophobic abuse, then be told to go home again when they are no longer wanted?

The driver shortage is set to stay for quite some time.

The ones we have are mainly in their fifties too, these issues don't go away without a rather more constructive attitude and making the place attractive to people instead of pretending that you don't need them.

Could somebody enlighten me as I presume a haulier that can't shift goods from A to B, as contracted, is in breach of contract and I don't suppose the likes of Tesco are going to be too happy when goods aren't delivered?

Regards

Richard
It depends on the contract. Some have punitive non delivery clauses, some not. It's not my area of expertise but I did recently learn that some customers of a supplier I won't name have no non delivery clause. They are of course the ones with the lower prices. Have a guess who gets shorted when there's no supply.

Is that because of Brexit too?
EV, Johnson needs to enlighten Priti Awful, Nigel Farage and the papers that pump out hysteria about inflatables crossing the channel. They can help the poor African farmers -by beating their ploughshares into British HGV licenses-

n5y3ffA.jpg

they won’t grow peanuts but they’ll work for them.

Massive queues in Sainsbury's (Kidlington) for fuel this morning, had to wait 5 minutes before I was able get in to the supermarket car park and Oxford Rd was jammed.
When I left they'd run out of fuel in all but one pump...

Dry pasta and rice missing from the shelves.
The British Prime Minister is in Washington thinking he’s Churchill and name checking Kermit the frog while his government loses control of the shortages narrative at home. They say “there’s no need to panic” and the public does exactly this, toppling the already precarious situation from just getting by to mass panic buying.

This is in a system where attempting to introduce the correct customs procedures on imports from the EU would cripple the entire system.

Lewisham is gridlock with long queues stretching down the main road and buses stuck or on diversion/cancelled.

Reports of a serious collision outside a petrol station with a car hitting a motorcyclist. Really hope the rider is OK but it's being described by witnesses as a possible fatality.

Tesco Monifeith - closed, no fuel.
Sainsbury Dundee - massive queues, gridlocked and blocking access to car park.
Managed to get fuel in central Dundee.

Tesco Monifeith - closed, no fuel.
Sainsbury Dundee - massive queues, gridlocked and blocking access to car park.
Managed to get fuel in central Dundee.
Last night was busy everywhere. I left Wales around 5, queues at Asda and around the block. I had 250 miles range. Got home 150 miles later, shortly before 8, queues at Asda Bradford, they told me they had 500 fills left. Got sorted, I have 550 miles range, doing 300pw, 2 journeys, Monday and Friday. Hopefully it will calm down in a week or so, either way I'll be running on the top half of the tank.

It's the Great Petrol Panic.

We will see numerous great panics over the coming months (and years...). A (very) big great panic is coming at Xmas when the meeja go big on turkey shortages and toy shortages and vegetable shortages and...

It is quite possible to live without toys and turkeys.
A lot of people I know don't even seem to like vegetables.
I met aTexan in Germany who only ever ate Big Macs and fries because he couldn't get along with the foreign food.
It takes all sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back