advertisement

VPN services?

I travel a fair bit and use a VPN both when overseas and in UK.
I signed up to a 'lifetime' deal with VPNUnlimited in 2016, still going strong. Servers all over the world, including streaming servers for Netflix, BBC etc, and torrent servers. Regular software updates and good support. Can be used on up to 5 devices (simultaneously).
In terms of speed I get 61Mbps without VPN, 59Mbps through (Belgium), 51 through Bulgaria, 31 through Sydney, just tested back to back.
Has been very stable and never had any problems with dropouts (Windows rather than mac) - would recommend it if you need one.
Silly cheap at the time - can currently get it for US$24 ('lifetime', not per year!) through stacksocial here (use promo code "DN40"):
https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription?aid=a-eavs0v5m

Ultimately I only run one VPN and thats my own with OpenVPN for if I need to log into the home network for any reason.

Depending on the use case I’d recommend cloudflare’s warp. It works great if you’re at starbucks or a shared wifi network and you don’t want people eavesdropping your traffic. Won’t work for getting netflix in another region as well.

The only other solution I use is a VPN I have setup at home and that allows me to tunnel my traffic through my home when I’m abroad to appear as if I’m in the UK. It’s also free :)

The VPN that I use for most of surfing and privacy needs is Ivacy. I connect through their Bulgaria VPN to stay anonymous and unblock any content that is restricted in my region.

NordVPN here…very happy with it. Can’t see the attract of VPN on router….fine if I want to appear to be in the US to watch football, but if My wife wanted to watch iPlayer at the same time it wouldn’t allow her as she appears to be in the US. Device specific VPN connection gives more flexibility IMO

advertisement

Back