advertisement

Saucisson

richardg

Admonishtrator
Any fans here? I'm proper addicted and probably staring heart disease, diabetes and / or bowel cancer in the face. Particularly as it seems to be the perfect partner to red wine.

Munched through a soft mini rosette de Lyon tonight ...peppery, not too fatty. Sublime.

Peel or eat the skin? I peel.

Any fans here? I'm proper addicted and probably staring heart disease, diabetes and / or bowel cancer in the face. Particularly as it seems to be the perfect partner to red wine.

Munched through a soft mini rosette de Lyon tonight ...peppery, not too fatty. Sublime.

Saucisson sec? Or sauccises? The former are superb with red wine. The latter fantastic fried with mushrooms and onions and red wine used to make a sauce.

Saucisson sec? Or sauccises? The former are superb with red wine. The latter fantastic fried with mushrooms and onions and red wine used to make a sauce.
The former! Just sunk a 2009 Bordeaux and a full saucisson. Not good for the body I am sure.

I love saucisse sèche with the apéro. Peel then slice thinly. A good fit with M. Brun’s Beaujolais, but plenty of other good combinations. I just hope the producers will go the same way as Parma ham producers and cut the nitrites, although it’s probably harder to do on saucisson.

Why not a little pic. Tony will love it :confused:

FxWtWxq-4gCAizyr_QbLvg.jpg

Absolutely love the stuff and agree that it goes well with a decent red - my favourite nibble being a sanglier with a nice haut medoc - YOLO

Any fans here?

Oh yes.
Enter France = buy saucisson, brie and red wine. Usually only a couple of times a year so not tooooo worried about health effects.

Only the latter of the three continues when back home...and that's almost certainly the worst for my long term health. C'est la vie!

Worried about health effects ? Have some cabbage, or even better a good Choucroute with it, and red wine. The French know why they usually combine it that way, and as far as I know they have one of the lowest heart disease rates in Europe.

I eat saucisson sec from Mâconnais, Époisses and other delicatessens with different sorts of French wines from local producers.
Zero cholesterol and perfect heart condition.
I take anticoagulants.

Worried about health effects ? Have some cabbage, or even better a good Choucroute with it, and red wine. The French know why they usually combine it that way, and as far as I know they have one of the lowest heart disease rates in Europe.

.. because the French also have the good sense to fully seek to enjoy what they produce as a treat, slowly: a glass of water to one side also, a little of each savoured ..ah, suffit.

Not 'scoff the lot' - like the average Brit.

advertisement

Back