advertisement

Stock Market 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a nightmare. No doubt they’d have a problem with remote ‘productivity tools’ as well. Friends with businesses say one of their biggest issues is staff whinging and moaning about everything. I have no idea why they tolerate it. Maybe the US hire and fire system isn’t so bad.

What a nightmare. No doubt they’d have a problem with remote ‘productivity tools’ as well. Friends with businesses say one of their biggest issues is staff whinging and moaning about everything. I have no idea why they tolerate it. Maybe the US hire and fire system isn’t so bad.

Yeah...

One of the best stories early on in Covid was small business owner getting email from staff member on Furlough asking about the annual pay rises. To top it off, this 'nice' boss had been topping up her salary the extra 20% when he wasn't legally obligated too.
He was working all hours God gave him yo keep business afloat and gets lumped with THAT...he lost the will to be a business owner that day

This is true from what business owners are telling me...it was all predictable...glad I'm out of all that

Boss claims 'lazy' work-from-homers just want to 'watch Loose Women' | Metro News" https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/21/boss...mers-just-want-to-watch-loose-women-15293455/

He just sums up a typical bad recruitment consultant, no idea that people have different outlooks to himself, prejudiced and most likely not very bright. No one where I am is saying WFH is bad and many are very surprised how well it has all gone but where I am is run by quite bright people not control freak fvckwits.

He just sums up a typical bad recruitment consultant, no idea that people have different outlooks to himself, prejudiced and most likely not very bright. No one where I am is saying WFH is bad and many are very surprised how well it has all gone but where I am is run by quite bright people not control freak fvckwits.

Yup. Hence my David Brent comparison

Yeah...

One of the best stories early on in Covid was small business owner getting email from staff member on Furlough asking about the annual pay rises. To top it off, this 'nice' boss had been topping up her salary the extra 20% when he wasn't legally obligated too.
He was working all hours God gave him yo keep business afloat and gets lumped with THAT...he lost the will to be a business owner that day

My father had the same. Staff asking what the pay rise and bonus would be when his business was closed half the year, on furlough with him paying the extra 20% out of his own pocket to keep them whole.

My father had the same. Staff asking what the pay rise and bonus would be when his business was closed half the year, on furlough with him paying the extra 20% out of his own pocket to keep them whole.

Well another viewpoint is that why does he involve his staff so little in the running of the business?, if they knew how businesses are run they wouldn’t have asked the question in the first place.

Well another viewpoint is that why does he involve his staff so little in the running of the business?, if they knew how businesses are run they wouldn’t have asked the question in the first place.

He’s not hiring aspiring McKinsey partners, he pays people to do a job. It’s really quite straightforward.

Have you ever employed staff?

This is true from what business owners are telling me...it was all predictable...glad I'm out of all that

Boss claims 'lazy' work-from-homers just want to 'watch Loose Women' | Metro News" https://metro.co.uk/2021/09/21/boss...mers-just-want-to-watch-loose-women-15293455/
At the other end of the scale my employer encouraged us to WFH even providing a telephone with headset, BB Internet and a comfy office chair. I spent the last 16 years before I retired WFH however I did have to occasionally go into an office or customers site that meant leaving at the crack of dawn or an overnight stay. It was often a long day as my work was global and I might chair a meeting from midnight to around 2 or 3am and then work the next day. My last manager was based in Earth City - yes really.

Other organisations had a similar outlook one of them was the AA where many (most?) tele-workers ended up WFH and that was years ago.

Cheers,

DV

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back