advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a hotel room, posting on a tablet. It's a chore posting photos. Still, you think I'm making it up. Put your money where your mouth is, what do you want to bet? My charity's Margaret Carey Foundation. £50 and I'll post them to Martin Clark of this parish, then he can do the Flickr thing. But that'll cost you the bet. Your call.

From my post you replied to:
I didn't say you are making it up.
Is that not unequivocal?

The words are unequivocal, the fact that you want to see the pictures says that you *think* otherwise.
The bet stands. You want to call it?
I don't get it. I asked for pictures so I could see current pictures of what's going on, out of interest. Hoping to see them from various places. Why are you going on about a bet?

I don't get it. I asked for pictures so I could see current pictures of what's going on, out of interest. Hoping to see them from various places. Why are you going on about a bet?
I've told you, I'm in a hotel room and it's a chore, and I can't get to Flickr (etc) from here. But tell you what, if you want the photos from Anglesey, PM me your email. One condition, you post them up here for everyone else. Deal?

Cold War Steve sees into the near future (Twitter).

PS Warning: contains Farage.
Do you think Farage will be organising another fake Jarrow march? You won’t see him for jet fumes as he, Tice, Banks and their mates head off to catch some Caribbean sun this winter. They’ll leave the little people to run the anti-Covid restrictions campaign.

And in other news, I caught the now beknighted IDS (wtf) on R4 tonight arguing for the government NOT to remove the £20 a week COVID payment from Universal Credit for the time being anyway. Whatever next - Patel using her own yacht to rescue migrants in the Channel.

It is not IDS being kind ..he is thinking of legacy and that the £20 cut will come back and hurt the Tories electorally...He couldn't care about the people but does care about the political fallout.

I've told you, I'm in a hotel room and it's a chore, and I can't get to Flickr (etc) from here. But tell you what, if you want the photos from Anglesey, PM me your email. One condition, you post them up here for everyone else. Deal?
I'm actually flummoxed. Something seems to be being misunderstood. You seem to think I want 'proof' to make me believe something you've said. Or at least to convince me of something I haven't actually denied. I just don't live in England so I can't go to the supermarkets and have a look.

There's no rush for you to post photos.

I'm actually flummoxed. Something seems to be being misunderstood. You seem to think I want 'proof' to make me believe something you've said. Or at least to convince me of something I haven't actually denied. I just don't live in England so I can't go to the supermarkets and have a look.

There's no rush for you to post photos.
You ask for pictures, now you're not in a rush to see them! Come on, make your mind up. I'm offering, PM me your email address. I'll send you some really boring photos of gaps in shelves, in veg, meat, milk, etc. In exchange, you put them up here for everyone else, because I can't right now.

You ask for pictures, now you're not in a rush to see them! Come on, make your mind up. I'm offering, PM me your email address. I'll send you some really boring photos of gaps in shelves, in veg, meat, milk, etc. In exchange, you put them up here for everyone else, because I can't right now.
Weird. I think I was pretty clear. You seem to think you've got me over a barrel with something I haven't denied. What do you make of my brother, with whom I spoke today, who is anti-Brexit, hates the government and yet told me the Lidl and Sainsbury's were fine? Is he mad or a liar or what? Or could it be that it's not yet over the entire country - which is what I said.

Min wage. £8.91 per hour, if 23 or older, which most are. Other rates on gov.uk.

Exactly, pay more as a fairly intensive physical job, get staff. Simples.

We are all to blame, as we have built our society around cheap goods, especially supermarkets, who have lowered the profits to produce creators, and therefore caused them to rely on import staff working for low wages.

wor, that’s really bad

London...it's been like it for weeks, although the departments the empty shelves are in change each week.

Are you okay? You were also asking me about pictures earlier. I would suggest cutting down on the red meat or see a doctor about Anglesey hotel room syndrome.
Doing fine thanks. Rather tired of people doubting what I say, that's all. Still, I'm delighted that you have a supply of carrots and celery. Short here.

Simples indeed. Pay more for your cabbages. You first.

I am not ensure how you think the public can 'pay more first', thats not quite how it works, Sainsburys wont accept a £1 for their 79p cabbage.

Anyone who employs people at minimum wage are despicable anyway.

The UK has a pervasive cheap food culture - we spend less of our household income on food than any other European nation, and about half of what it was when I was born at the tail end of the fifties. This has caused fierce competition at the point of sale, and as Steve says, the multiples force low costs on the producers, as well as making them pay for price promotions - when you get your bogoffs it isn't Mr Tescbury who is taking the hit.

I guess families are happy to eat crap as long as they've got 3 new leased cars on the driveway, the biggest OLED TV on the market and can live it up in Spain for their holidays.

The UK has a pervasive cheap food culture - we spend less of our household income on food than any other European nation, and about half of what it was when I was born at the tail end of the fifties. This has caused fierce competition at the point of sale, and as Steve says, the multiples force low costs on the producers, as well as making them pay for price promotions - when you get your bogoffs it isn't Mr Tescbury who is taking the hit.

I guess families are happy to eat crap as long as they've got 3 new leased cars on the driveway, the biggest OLED TV on the market and can live it up in Spain for their holidays.

Processed food, the death of civilisation.

The way the supermarkets literally rape suppliers for their 'offers' and 'price points' is shocking. Tesco being one of the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back