advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eating grass is a possibility. There's next to nothing in the supermarkets just now. Big holes in the meat aisle, no semi in milk, and veg racks only half full. I might have to take up fishing.

You will need to develop your Appendix if you want to metabolise grass...might be a tad difficult in the short term. :)

Eating grass is a possibility. There's next to nothing in the supermarkets just now. Big holes in the meat aisle, no semi in milk, and veg racks only half full. I might have to take up fishing.

We had our Morrison's delivery on Friday. There was one substitution whereas there is usually about three.

We had family round on Saturday and went walking with friends on Sunday- none of them mentioned food shortages or empty supermarket shelves.

Can I just confirm? When you use the term: 'hard remainers', whilst not identifying as a Brexiteer yourself, how are you using the term? Is it those who just say 'we must remain in the EU come hell or high water' ignoring or unaware of the EUs neoliberal character, or also people who just oppose Brexit on justifiable grounds?

I can see justifiable reasons for both remaining and leaving, but the thing about the 'democratic vote' sticks in my craw because it wasn't democratic it was gerrymandered from the start. And on the back of decades of propaganda. The referendum itself was not even put forward in good faith it was a mandate gamble by Cameron.
I’ve clarified it many times. There has to be a term to differentiate the people who wish to undermine democracy from those who voted remain but accept the outcome of the referendum.

Trouble with that is, hard remainers haven’t been reduced to it, it started before the referendum, before anyone realised we have a minority in this country not in favour of supporting the outcome of a democratic vote where the terms were known in advance.

I realise such comment is spun by people here to mean I support the tories and support brexit. Both are incorrect but I’ve said this before and been basically told I’m a liar too.

Hard remainers. You have to love ‘em.

That's an outright lie. Leave lied about the consequences and now you're still lying. The vote was non binding cos leave knew they could never achieve the figures a binding vote would require so n reality, it was a vote under false pretences. Plus, had it been a binding vote, then it would have bene set aside because of the Leave campaigns illegal activities. I don't care what your politics are, it was a grossly stupid idea and is the equivalent of the mid life crisis bloke ending up living in scratty bedsit and seeing his kids every other weekend and no amount of prevarication and utter twaddle from the likes of you can change that. You were conned b y a bunch of disaster capitalists and the idea it was about sovereignty were complete and utter moonshine.
You what? I’m a liar, am I? I’m lying about what exactly? I’ve included my post. Please show me the lie.

I repeat for the umpteenth time, I was not conned at all, and my ‘ politics’ is irrelevant.

There was a referendum and the majority vote was to leave the EU. That’s it. If you and others here want to treat me a some kind of scum for thinking the referendum outcome should be honoured, well, I guess that is just another characteristic of the typical, infantile hard remainer.

Another thing. Since you’re so sure you’re right I suggest you put yourself forward for election in your area, get knocking on doors and see how many votes you get. If you don’t get a majority accept it rather than demanding the vote be ignored and you won anyway. That would be Trump-like, after all.

Trouble with that is, hard remainers haven’t been reduced to it, it started before the referendum, before anyone realised we have a minority in this country not in favour of supporting the outcome of a democratic vote where the terms were known in advance.

The terms were very much not known in advance. No-one, least of all Cameron, predicted that he would walk away after the referendum, or that the non-ERG Tories, the SNP, Labour and the Lib Dems would make such a cock-up of the following months/years that we'd end up with a Hard Brexit and Boris Johnson as PM.

It's democracy. Ask Brain.
Children will play.

The terms were very much not known in advance. No-one, least of all Cameron, predicted that he would walk away after the referendum, or that the non-ERG Tories, the SNP, Labour and the Lib Dems would make such a cock-up of the following months/years that we'd end up with a Hard Brexit and Boris Johnson as PM.
Yes, they were, unless you really don’t understand what I meant there by ‘terms’? :D

Just so long as you ignore almost certain funding of the leave campaign by a hostile foreign power, minor detail if you are a leave fundamentalist and don’t give a damn about democracy.
You keep repeating this strawman. There isn’t anything I can do about it so I’m ignoring it but only to that extent, same as the rest of joe public. What would you do about it? Whinge a big louder?

Mind you, I thought there aren’t any ‘hostile foreign powers’ these days, who needs the military, etc?

Last edited:
We are on the brink of a major concession from Biden- they are lifting the ban on British lamb exports to America and we might join up with Mexico and Canada! Salvation!

Brian is either doing his impression of Michael Douglas in Falling Down and/or he got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Thank God we have a modicum of gun control in the UK.

Brian is either doing his impression of Michael Douglas in Falling Down and/or he got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Thank God we have a modicum of gun control in the UK.
:D I’m quite relaxed, I accepted the result ages ago. I really don’t always expect to get my own way, I think I grew out of that when I was 10, or so.

The health of the serial whingers might be of greater concern? Personally, I don’t worry about that either given many of them drip on endlessly about the Labour party being crap. It’s music to the ears of the tories so they get what they deserve, imo.

The thread is nothing to do with benefits of brexit. If there is any doubt, it started here. The same people have been crying for over 5 years now, waking up every day, some of them digging around desperately hoping to find something bad they can blame on brexit. If they don’t find something they just go onto repeat.

Last edited:
I’ve clarified it many times. There has to be a term to differentiate the people who wish to undermine democracy from those who voted remain but accept the outcome of the referendum.
And 'undermining democracy' is not gerrymandering a referendum? Triggering a vote and only afterwards defining the terms of it.Then later triggering article 50, but altering the substance of its implementation, which didn't quite match the implications of the referendum? Not those people?

Or do you just mean people who said: this is a misleading charade, lets stop it before it's too late to begin anew with a real vote now that more people are cognisant of the situation? Just those people?

They need is more than we... Ahhhh, forget it!

Brexit caused huge drop in Great Britain to Ireland exports in 2021
Irish government figures come days after M&S says it is scrapping 800 lines due to ‘excessive paperwork’

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...drop-in-2021-great-britain-to-ireland-exports
…but it was supposed to get rid of red tape, it was going on the bonfire. The loyal subjects of Northern Ireland could have put it in one of their big sectarian bonfires.

And 'undermining democracy' is not gerrymandering a referendum? Triggering a vote and only afterwards defining the terms of it.Then later triggering article 50, but altering the substance of its implementation, which didn't quite match the implications of the referendum? Not those people?

Or do you just mean people who said: this is a misleading charade, lets stop it before it's too late to begin anew with a real vote now that more people are cognisant of the situation? Just those people?

I mean what I said. Nothing else, though obviously this is pfm.

If it helps I suggest you start at the link in my last post and read the entire saga of this thread if it’s unclear who I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back