advertisement

Rega Brio (2017) - Leave on or turn off?

x21

pfm Member
Hello All:

I am wondering if I should leave my rega brio on or turn it off? What changes if anything to the sound?

x21

I’d contact Rega and see what they say. The owner’s manual I have for my Exposure gear recommends leaving their amps on 24/7 for best performance. The power amp might be a bit less sensitive to warm up but when running a integrated amp, I just kept it powered 24/7 as I knew it sounded better that way.

Hello All:

I am wondering if I should leave my rega brio on or turn it off? What changes if anything to the sound?

x21
Discounting 'green' issues and prolonged higher temperatures accelerating component breakdown, amps with relay delayed output switching are best exercised via cycling on/off on a regular basis, else the relay contacts don't self-clean leading to increased contact resistance over time.

Rega Brio 2016, spot the relay:

Oooh, I like these games.

Just one question. What's a relay?
In the electromagnetic wave rippling through the electrons race that propagates at close to the speed of light, a relay exists as a point of transfer, and either allows the participating electrons to pass the delicate signal onto other electrons, or doesn't, as the case may be.

Just a guess, mind.

Those small size Rega amps are amazing.

io-inside.jpg

advertisement

Back