advertisement

Anyone work for D V L A ?

Try a different hire company?

Yes that is a option ,
Now I have had a MASSIVE clear out I have asked the £10.800 company to come back and do another quote , Four 8 yard skips FULL must make a price difference ( Hopefully )

Ah the good old DVLA.

I'm currently in a battle with them over my new weekend toy, for which they are refusing to issue me a V5 as their records say it was permanently exported last year. This is despite me buying it from a UK dealer, on behalf of his UK-registered customer and the fact that I was able to tax the car on the DVLA website using the code from the green section of the old V5, which they issued to the previous owner 4 months AFTER it was allegedly exported!

But, no, all the letters of proof from me, the dealer and the previous owner are irrelevant - it was exported because they say so. I now need to fill in a form and provide documentation such as the car's foreign registration certificate (it has never had one) plus the payment of import duty (which doesn't apply as i bought it from a UK dealer using UK pounds).

I feel this one could run and run...

There are drivers out there under 70 who have never had any points who only have a paper one.
My Mrs for one.

They should still be able to go online to prove status; it used to be the preferred way to do it but a lot of hire companies don't seem to have got the message.

As a precaution i keep my old licences and have one in each wallet when on holiday; one is totally invalid here but certainly good for most Caribbean countries.

advertisement

Back