advertisement

Small Introduction

Chris Harris

Just a small introduction as a fish newbie having been a Audiophiler for almost 50 years standing and on both sides of the counter as they say, I am now almost retired so have the chance to enjoy my Hi fi via a large record and compact disc collection and over the last few years have collected some lovely bits of equipment to play them on.

Starting with a Rega RP8 in a one off grey finish and also two Townshend Elite Rocks a 2 and a 3, the Rock 3 being the original model owned by Jack Dinsdale so lucky boy there !! my current go to deck is a Well Tempered Simplex 2 with the wonderful Dynavector D17dx.

My Amplifier and phono stage of choice is from LFD having worked for Dr. Richard Bews for a period and knowing his in depth knowledge of electronics along with Prof Malcolm Hawksford having both come out of Essex University, I really feel the LFD range is as good as anything on the market at their given price points.

Also my respect for another hi fi designer Mr Max Townshend who's cables i use (Fractal & Isolda) loudspeaker and interconnects and his Super Tweeters / Seismic platform also I am using his heavily modified Pioneer 565a compact disc player (prototype) which is quite something ??

Finally Loudspeakers are from another great designer in the form of the late Dick Shahinian as I own both the Larc's and a pair of Starters (cut down compasses) also I have a pair of Guru QM10's kindly gifted by James @ Tom Tom, which offer a very different presentation to the Shahinian's but can make a nice change when in the mood.

All the above although not super " top end " i do get hours of enjoyment from having chosen because of the companies I greatly respect

Last edited:
Just a small introduction as a fish newbie having been a Audiophiler for almost 50 years standing and on both sides of the counter as they say, I am now almost retired so have the chance to enjoy my Hi fi via a some what large record and compact disc collection and over the last few years have collected some lovely bits of equipment to play them on, starting with a Rega RP8 in a one off grey finish and also 2 Townshend Elite Rocks a two and a three the three been the original model owned by Jack Dinsdale so luck boy there !! and my current go to deck is a Well Tempered Simplex 2 with the wonderful Dynavector D17dx my Amplifier and phono stage of choice is from LFD having worked for Dr. Richard Bews for a period and knowing his in depth knowledge of electronics along with Prof Malcolm Hawksford having both come out of Essex University, I really feel the LFD range is as good as anything on the market at their given price points, and also my respect for another hi fi designer Mr Max Townshend who's cables i use (Fractal & Isolda) loudspeaker and interconnects and his Super Tweeters / Seismic platform also I am using his heavily modified Pioneer 565a compact disc player (prototype) which is quite something ?? and finally Loudspeakers are from another great designer in the form of the late Dick Shahinian as I own both the Larc's and a pair of Starters (cut down compasses) and also own a pair of Guru QM10's kindly gifted by James @ Tom Tom, which offer a very different presentation to the Shahinian's but can make a nice change when in the mood, all the above although not super " top end " i do get hours of enjoyment from having chosen because of the companies I greatly respect
Nice kit, I have some LFD stuff too..top notch!

Hello Chris,

Welcome to PFM, enjoy the place.

You have the basis of a great system, you have Shahinian speakers what more could you ask for :D

If you ever do upgrade go for a pair of Shahinian Arcs, but seriously what you have now is really good.

If you are happy with it don't change, enjoy your coming retirement and play your large music collection.

Cheers

John

Hello Chris,

Welcome to PFM, enjoy the place.

You have the basis of a great system, you have Shahinian speakers what more could you ask for :D

If you ever do upgrade go for a pair of Shahinian Arcs, but seriously what you have now is really good.

If you are happy with it don't change, enjoy your coming retirement and play your large music collection.

Cheers

John
Hi John
Thank you for the kind welcome
Back in the day I was one of the first dealers to sell Arc's price £995 a pair !!
This was when my Love Affair started with Shahinian

Howdy Chris.

Cheers,

Mark
Hi Mark
Thank you for your welcome - sort of in your area ............lol
I have been gifted an Ariston RD 80s as a long term project.
Can't believe how well its made (1977)
came with a Datum Logic but may replace.

Welcome to PFM Chris, the system sounded excellent at the weekend.

You probably need a few more turntables though. Maybe another LP12, a Garrard and a Technics! :D

Cheers Jez thanks for tidying my post glad you like the Guru Qm10's thought they would be to your taste !! I need to stop the Turntable collecting maybe the start of hoarding ..........lol

Cheers Jez thanks for tidying my post glad you like the Guru Qm10's thought they would be to your taste !! I need to stop the Turntable collecting maybe the start of hoarding ..........lol

You could set up the CDI, 72/Hicap/140 in your spare bedroom along with Shahinians. With a pair of decks for mixing too.:cool:

Just a small introduction as a fish newbie having been a Audiophiler for almost 50 years standing and on both sides of the counter as they say, I am now almost retired so have the chance to enjoy my Hi fi via a large record and compact disc collection and over the last few years have collected some lovely bits of equipment to play them on.

Starting with a Rega RP8 in a one off grey finish and also two Townshend Elite Rocks a 2 and a 3, the Rock 3 being the original model owned by Jack Dinsdale so lucky boy there !! my current go to deck is a Well Tempered Simplex 2 with the wonderful Dynavector D17dx.

My Amplifier and phono stage of choice is from LFD having worked for Dr. Richard Bews for a period and knowing his in depth knowledge of electronics along with Prof Malcolm Hawksford having both come out of Essex University, I really feel the LFD range is as good as anything on the market at their given price points.

Also my respect for another hi fi designer Mr Max Townshend who's cables i use (Fractal & Isolda) loudspeaker and interconnects and his Super Tweeters / Seismic platform also I am using his heavily modified Pioneer 565a compact disc player (prototype) which is quite something ??

Finally Loudspeakers are from another great designer in the form of the late Dick Shahinian as I own both the Larc's and a pair of Starters (cut down compasses) also I have a pair of Guru QM10's kindly gifted by James @ Tom Tom, which offer a very different presentation to the Shahinian's but can make a nice change when in the mood.

All the above although not super " top end " i do get hours of enjoyment from having chosen because of the companies I greatly respect
Welcome!

advertisement

Back