advertisement

RIP Jimmy Greaves

Some players are so loved and enjoyed by the footballing public that they are apart from the usual football rivalry Jimmy Greaves was a prime example. RIP Jim

Oh that’s a shame. A proper legend & the best goal scorer we’ve ever produced; could really play also.

He had a really good broadcast career also, actually a pretty good TV critic & a very astute man. He had some massive problems with the demon drink & did well to reach 81.

RIP, he made a big difference to the world we live in.

RIP

He was one of my dad;s heroes and one of mine.

nearly 18 years ago Greavsie was signing his autobiography at Borders in Oxford. My wide took our then 2 month old son down to get it signed as Xmas pressie for my dad. Greavsie, of course, said my boy had footballers legs - sadly not a footballers brain through : ))

I only saw him play once - a pre season friendly against Barnet where he put in a guest appearance alongside Alan Gilzean, but my dad worked a night shift right by White Hart Lane and had seen loads of the games listed in the back of Greaves' book . Chivers was leading the line bu the time I was old enough to go to the Lane by myself.

I am old enough to have seen Greavsie in his pomp.
An old style centre forward, never did a stroke of work outside the area but in the area he was lethal.
England’s Greatest ever goal scorer without a doubt.

He was a proper legend and a genuinely great player. The BT Sport documentary on him is worth watching if you can. He's been in very poor health for the last few years. R.I.P Jimmy

'Legend' is so overused these days, it should be reserved for the likes of Jimmy Greaves. He would be worth in excess of £150M in today's money.

Cheers BB

George Best would have loved a liver like his:)

He (Best) got a new one, and fücked that one up too. My sympathies are with whoever was in the transplant queue behind him, and the donors family.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back